Rats start to leave sinking ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Reaction Score
Miami went to the ACC in part to relieve pressure on its athletic department and guarantee a regular revenue stream not based on performance (see Duke FB). Its FB teams will never achieve past glory and attendance is so so for a 8-4 year, lousy for anything less. No one cares about Miami BB. It's a private school with all the challenges of being one. Good riddance.

U

UConn9604

Miami went to the ACC in part to relieve pressure on its athletic department and guarantee a regular revenue stream not based on performance (see Duke FB). Its FB teams will never achieve past glory and attendance is so so for a 8-4 year, lousy for anything less. No one cares about Miami BB. It's a private school with all the challenges of being one. Good riddance.

...with the irony being that there would have been no ACC expansion in 2003 without Miami. The ACC got exactly everything it asked for. They broke up a perfectly symmetrical (4/4 in football, 8/8 in basketball), traditional southeastern conference for this.

Congratulations, John Swofford. Somehow you've managed to convince everyone (including me) to beg for your mediocrity.

Reaction Score
So....why is UConn begging to get into such a pathetic conference?

Reaction Score

Please tell me your a 12 year old girl, because then your behavior on these boards makes some sense. Otherwise...............

U

UConn9604

Proximity, money and the capacity to dominate -- and because it's less pathetic than what we're about to join. Four pretty simple reasons.

Reaction Score
"........Gene DeFilippo made their marks........."

Yes he did, like an underwear stain......

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We want to help you sell out Conte Forum for at least one game per year. Maybe even two if you count women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I can only imagine what the articles will be like if they don't receive the punishment that so many seem to be looking for in this case. As for the AD moving, sometimes things really are as simple as someone taking a much higher paying job in a place they would rather live at.

Reaction Score
I can only imagine what the articles will be like if they don't receive the punishment that so many seem to be looking for in this case. As for the AD moving, sometimes things really are as simple as someone taking a much higher paying job in a place they would rather live at.

Yeah, but 10 or 15 years ago the Nebraska AD would've left for Miami. The U's stock is way, way down.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but 10 or 15 years ago the Nebraska AD would've left for Miami. The U's stock is way, way down.

I don't believe that for a minute. Nebraska is a football crazy place and fundraising has always been difficult down here. Especially for a mid west guy, there is nothing not to like about the Nebraska job, and I can certainly understand how some people may not be that happy living here. Some people just can't deal with the multiculturalism of South Florida. Hell, I struggle with it myself sometimes and I have been here for 25 years.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that for a minute. Nebraska is a football crazy place and fundraising has always been difficult down here. Especially for a mid west guy, there is nothing not to like about the Nebraska job, and I can certainly understand how some people may not be that happy living here. Some people just can't deal with the multiculturalism of South Florida. Hell, I struggle with it myself sometimes and I have been here for 25 years.

I don't agree with you, but I really think you stepped up your game when you changed your avatar.

Reaction Score
I'm glad I got to change it. I was going to stick with the Stevie Wonder ref until the replacements were gone. I was about a week late in getting to that. As for disagreeing, that's cool. It wouldn't be much fun if we all agreed on everything. I just think that you have to work harder as an administrator here and you get paid less money than at other places. It's one thing to coach here as you get to work with some great talent, but the AD stuff seems thankless to me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Traitor,

are you Tom from Miami?

Reaction Score
traitor's avatar is ok but she's no Inger Stevens
$%28KGrHqN,%21isE+2G8c0epBQVSlI58Hw%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Reaction Score
I shall strive to provide newer and more exciting avatars in an effort to match Ms (?) Stevens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom