Rashad Anderson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rashad Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3 takeaways from that awesome video.

1. We were ranked for the entire video (and in the top 10 for a lot of it). Are we about to return to that???
2. Barely any of those shots even hit the rim. All pure swish
3. Man I miss Rashad (and that shooting)

Reaction Score
That would have been quite the feat for Souleymane to have done.
In our first national championship game, still my favorite play.

Reaction Score
A few take always for me:

I felt that twinge of exuberance that I use to feel while watching UConn with this video. It was smack dab in the middle of my chest.

I forgot that the century mark in points use too come way more often.

The WB channel 9 on my cable carrier. I knew it by heart when setting up the video tape.

How absolutely deadly Rashard was and makes me miss having such a potent weapon. Bazz wasn't too bad either, lol.

Thank you for this, tcf15!

Reaction Score
Thanks tcf ! These clips have me hoping that Gibbs can do what Rash did for us.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
A few take always for me:

I felt that twinge of exuberance that I use to feel while watching UConn with this video. It was smack dab in the middle of my chest.

I forgot that the century mark in points use too come way more often.

The WB channel 9 on my cable carrier. I knew it by heart when setting up the video tape.

How absolutely deadly Rashard was and makes me miss having such a potent weapon. Bazz wasn't too bad either, lol.

Thank you for this, tcf15!
I think we forget how deadly Niels Giffey was his senior year. He shot over 48% from 3 after shooting 29% his junior year. Rashad shot more, and made more 3's overall, but Niels was as potent a weapon as UConn ever had. People we're so worried about Bazz, Boat, and DeAndre that they forgot about Niels and he made people pay. His two clutch 3's down the stretch against Kentucky are shots that I'll remember forever. Rashad and Niels are rare breeds.

Reaction Score
I think we forget how deadly Niels Giffey was his senior year. He shot over 48% from 3 after shooting 29% his junior year. Rashad shot more, and made more 3's overall, but Niels was as potent a weapon as UConn ever had. People we're so worried about Bazz, Boat, and DeAndre that they forgot about Niels and he made people pay. His two clutch 3's down the stretch against Kentucky are shots that I'll remember forever. Rashad and Niels are rare breeds.

Niels could also take the ball to the rack a little as well..

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think Giffey's % was higher because he took less overall and he took far less contested 3s. Sometimes it seemed like it didn't even matter if you contested Rashad's shot.

Having said that, Giffey was certainly deadly from 3. I'd say they were similar in ability but Rashad was able to get his shot off basically whenever he wanted it. Giffey had the edge in every other area of the game though.

Reaction Score
Any eligibility left?

What I would give for another Rashad Anderson 4 yrs.

Reaction Score
Thanks for creating and posting this video! It was the perfect tonic after I made the mistake of checking out the Conference Realignment board.

Reaction Score
I remember following his recruitment on the boneyard way back when....heavily followed and a huge get. Ultimately somewhat limited but so,so nasty from deep that it the end it really was completlety in every aspect of the word warranted. Love me some Shad.

Also, I remember getting reamed on the boneyard once for referring to him as Rashard...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Rashad was a big-time player. He made some great defensive plays in crunch-time even though not a great man defender. I seem to remember one strip of the ball that loomed large. Just a great Husky player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom