Rashad Anderson to Huskies of Honor this weekend | The Boneyard

Rashad Anderson to Huskies of Honor this weekend

Reaction Score
I’m confused. The game is at XL, how are they doing the huskies of honor?

Reaction Score
Anderson was about 15 years ahead of his time.
In todays game he would be Hawkins. He'd take 15 3's per game coming off screens, and i think his draft position would be in the Hawk ballpark as well.
He would shoot more 3s but as far as an NBA prospect, I don't see it at all.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Would be cool to see Ben in the building getting some love for this honor with the team.

Also wondering if Marcus will be included in this.

Reaction Score
Anderson was about 15 years ahead of his time.
In todays game he would be Hawkins. He'd take 15 3's per game coming off screens, and i think his draft position would be in the Hawk ballpark as well.
He didn't have nearly the athleticism of Hawkins. And struggled to put the ball on the floor. Also would have serious problems defending in the NBA. Tremendous shooter, fantastic college player, but not much of an NBA prospect (whether in 2024 or 2006).

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't there a great story about Coach Calhoun's recruitment visit to Rashad? I can't remember the details, but it was something about meeting Coach in a costume or something. Definitely showed that he was a different kind of cat.

Huge piece of that championship team.

Reaction Score
He didn't have nearly the athleticism of Hawkins. And struggled to put the ball on the floor. Also would have serious problems defending in the NBA. Tremendous shooter, fantastic college player, but not much of an NBA prospect (whether in 2024 or 2006).
Wow. I'm definitely leaving open the chance that i'm remembering Rashad incorrectly. I remember him being a decent athlete, but maybe im remembering too fondly. I really think his skillset would get him real looks at actual playing time in the NBA. Movement shooting and shooting with a defender close to you are two of the most valued skills today for an off ball guard. I see Rashad similarly to how i see JJ Redick, who played 14 years with a negative wingspan, negative athleticism, and only 1 real plus skill.
I suppose i usually factor in that he would have trained totally differently now than he would have then

And i will also say that the 2 criticisms of Rashad were the same for Hawk a few months ago (defense, handle).

But again, i was a huge Rashad fan, so i'm probably misremembering a bit.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s going in. Pretty sure it’s just the entire 2004 team is going in. Rashad was great but there would be a bunch of individual players that would get in before him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow. I'm definitely leaving open the chance that i'm remembering Rashad incorrectly. I remember him being a decent athlete, but maybe im remembering too fondly. I really think his skillset would get him real looks at actual playing time in the NBA. Movement shooting and shooting with a defender close to you are two of the most valued skills today for an off ball guard. I see Rashad similarly to how i see JJ Redick, who played 14 years with a negative wingspan, negative athleticism, and only 1 real plus skill.
I suppose i usually factor in that he would have trained totally differently now than he would have then

And i will also say that the 2 criticisms of Rashad were the same for Hawk a few months ago (defense, handle).

Whenever I think of Rashad (and part of me really wants to type in "Rashard" here and tag @businesslawyer) I remember thinking anytime the ball left his hands I felt like it was a certainty it was going in. In fact, pretty much anytime he curled around the screen I figured he was going to get the ball and sink a three. I loved that kid, not only for his scoring, but for his swagger.

Reaction Score

Rashad and JJ played college ball in the same era, one went 11th in the draft and played 14 seasons, the other went undrafted, had a summer league stint and spent the rest of his pro career overseas. JJ was better just like Hawkins is, I don't see how a 20 year time jump suddenly makes Rashad on the same level of prospect as Hawkins.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I am sure they will show the 2004 NCAA celebration. Make sure to pay attention to Rashad grabbing the game ball & holding it as a keepsake. Emeka persued him insisting the ball is his property.

I wonder what happened to the ball.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
His 3 against Duke right after they went up 8 is in the top-10 if not top-5 most important plays in UConn basketball history.

That shot doesn't go in, we probably have one less title and Duke has one more.

It is one of many big shots he hit for us, but by far the biggest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom