Rank the Final 4 Games | The Boneyard

Rank the Final 4 Games

Reaction Score
Resurrected this thread from 2014.
Happy to add 2 more:

Rank UConn's Final 4 games:

1. UConn vs Duke: 1999 National title game - A true classic. The top 2 teams in a tight battle, ending with the nation's top offensive player (Langdon) being stopped by the nation's top defensive player (Moore).

2. UConn vs Duke: 2004 National semifinal - One of the greatest endings ever. We should have won easily (the refs ruined this game) but it was amazing to see our clutch play at the end. It was also nice to see Duke fall apart.

3. UConn vs Kentucky: 2014 National title game - Watching UConn jump out to a 15 point lead, while the squid had to call timeout, was a thing of beauty. It's also nice to see veterans (juniors and seniors) beat the freshman.

4. UConn vs Florida: 2014 National semifinal - No one gave us a chance (everyone forgot that we beat Florida in December). After a rough start, UConn completely outplayed them.

5. UConn vs Miami: 2023 National semifinal - UConn comfortably controlled the game. Added bonus of beating an ACC team.

6. UConn vs SDSU: 2023 National title game - If not for that uncomfortable moment in the second half, it was a "relaxing game". Unfortunately, I don't believe UConn played its A game and show the world how great they are.

7. UConn vs Kentucky: 2011 National semifinal - Given that the other game was VCU vs Butler, this was the main event. Although UConn destroyed Kentucky in Maui earlier in the season, no one picked us to win. It's always fun to beat the squid.

8. UConn vs Ohio State: 1999 National semifinal - A good game that is somewhat forgotten about. A good game by El Amin (after a really rough game against Gonzaga in the Elite 8) and Rip continued his dominant performances.

9. UConn vs Georgia Tech: 2004 National title game - I would rank this higher if UConn didn't let up and let the final deficit get to single digits. We had a 25 point lead in the second half.

10. UConn vs Butler: 2011 National title game - UConn put on a defensive clinic. It's too bad that our offense struggled, because we should have won by 30.

11. UConn vs Michigan State: 2009 National semifinal - Last for obvious reasons. (I always felt that if Jerome Dyson had not been injured, we would have played a tough game against NC for the title).

Reaction Score
I am just thrilled that the list is 11 games long. I remember losing to Duke in the Final 8 in 1990 thinking that was our one shot to make a Final Four. Never been so happy to be so wrong.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd put the UK national semifinal above the two 2023 games.

Otherwise, that's a solid list.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am just thrilled that the list is 11 games long. I remember losing to Duke in the Final 8 in 1990 thinking that was our one shot to make a Final Four. Never been so happy to be so wrong.

Six Final Fours. 10-1 record. Amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom