Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads)

Reaction Score
....or?
civil war spoilers GIF

Reaction Score
He couldn't beat out Gaffney b/c he wasn't good enough. Why is this hard to figure out?
It’s hard to figure out because how do you not even give the kid a chance to see minutes on the floor as a 4 star coming in? I don’t care if the kid played like my sister in practice— to not give the kid a minimal chance during the scrub squads in November —knowing how we desperately need point guard help - makes this not your average case of someone not playing due skill level. PLUS, he was a big recruit from Philly area—- at the very very very least, let him get 5 -7 mins a game during our 6-7 garbage games. Like I said , I mean Jesus , how bad cud the kid be?? I don’t care if he bounced the ball off his knee 10 straight possessions -to give Gaffney that many minutes early in the season is criminal. But the good thing about this is I guess we’ll find out who was right

Reaction Score
I’ll give DH credit for bringing in Cole but at this point he’s the outlier. I had my hopes squashed by Gaff last season, so i ain’t predicting what he’ll do next. We need a big score on a portal point guard. Guards win games in this sport, and we’re not going anywhere without some decent ones.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley better bring in some star guards this offseason.
Problem is, this makes it difficult to recruit that second guard transfer we need.

The task is no longer to recruit a starting PG, backed up by Gaffney and Diggins. The task is to recruit a starting PG, backed up by Gaffney and a second transfer who must be satisfied with a third string role. It is unlikely that we can entice anyone of caliber to fill that role.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I’ll give DH credit for bringing in Cole but at this point he’s the outlier. I had my hopes squashed by Gaff last season, so i ain’t predicting what he’ll do next. But we need a big score on a portal point guard. Guards win games in this sport, and we’re not going anywhere without some decent ones.

Define outlier?

Reaction Score
Diggins could not beat out Gaffney as the back up to Cole and we all know how lousy Gaffney has been. Gaffney is essentially the best of the worst which is an indication that Hurley struck out twice recruiting point guards.

Floyd is the only guard on the team that can potentially create and score for himself. Not a good outlook unless Hurley has something up his sleeves with transfers.

Gaffney was objectively awful. It's hard to be worse than that. The kid was never given a chance. That much is obvious. You don't get to be a top 50 recruit by sucking.
And if we had gotten a top 50 he might have played more this season.

Reaction Score
Jackson as a PG keeps coming up. He's a good ball handler. Can get a rebound and push the ball. But he can't consistently beat a PG off the dribble, get his own shot, defend an opposing PG very well. He's just a well rounded basketball player with ok handle and passing. We still need actual guards.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’ll never understand how this thing shook out, but I’m super disappointed.

Maybe with Castle coming he didn’t want to keep battling, but I don’t get how he couldn’t have gotten any minutes this year and his future can suddenly be murky.

Reaction Score
Jackson as a PG keeps coming up. He's a good ball handler. Can get a rebound and push the ball. But he can't consistently beat a PG off the dribble, get his own shot, defend an opposing PG very well. He's just a well rounded basketball player with ok handle and passing. We still need actual guards.
It keeps coming up because it came out of Hurleys mouth and it was in Mike Anthony's article. It's not random speculation

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maybe he means as far as getting PGs into our program. He has been the only good one he has brought into the program.

Hurleys been here 4 years and has had really only 3 recruiting classes and ended the year with a first team All Big East PG.

Bouknight was great, Sanogo was first team all BE, and Jackson is a star in the making.

Let's see who comes in..if we get another Cole then what's the big deal.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to kill Hurley too much, but it's concerning to me that he's recruited two PGs in his time here and whiffed on both. Really hope he hits a home run in the portal because he's going to need to.

I’d settle for a cheap fenway ground rule double.

Reaction Score
Maybe he means as far as getting PGs into our program. He has been the only good one he has brought into the program.
An outlier must have a large enough sample size to show that it's meaningfully different than the rest. How many PGs has Dan actively recruited in four years? There's only so many. He hit on RJ, he missed on Rashool. You don't recruit brand new PGs out of high school every season.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson was the best defensive player (not just guards) in the Big East last season. Defense isn't his issue at all

1648578568453.png

Reaction Score
Define outlier?
As in the only one he’s recruited that was good? Gaff isn’t it, neither was Sool apparently. We’ll see what Castle brings, but so far, DH’s point guard recruits haven’t been that great.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Bingo. Every arm chair coach on this board was saying the same thing but ole stubborn Dan just put his head in the sand. Well now it's gonna come back to bite him. There is not a positive to put on this.
How about this…

Diggins gets a fresh start somewhere else where he can see the floor.

We get to show every top portal guard (who are all upgrades over RD, no offense to the kid) that the path to 30 mpg at the PG spot is clearly there.

Seems like a win for both camps

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hurleys been here 4 years and has had really only 3 recruiting classes and ended the year with a first team All Big East PG.

Bouknight was great, Sanogo was first team all BE, and Jackson is a star in the making.

Let's see who comes in..if we get another Cole then what's the big deal.
Details, details

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This. Why would any guard want to come here or sit on the bench when Hurley shows loyalty to a player like Gaff?. Also the fact that he refuses to give freshmen and transfers time unless forced upon.
Cole & Martin jumped right into the starting lineup as transfers. Bouk, Jackson, Sanogo and Akok all played big roles are freshman.

Not going to argue Hurley plays favorites with some guys, but that statement above isn’t the fact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom