Raegan Beers to UConn or OU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Raegan Beers to UConn or OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think I agree. If the team was bringing in a proven commodity shooting from deep (45% or higher) then I can see filling that slot. Chen is a less than 33% 3pt shooter. That does not fill a need as every player currently on the roster could shoot that or better.
there's certainly an advantage to having another proven veteran leader on the team although it's not an area of great weakness.,......I'm sure Berube has a pretty good idea if Chen would be a positive for next year's team and has had frank discussions with Geno about her.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Beers is thinking about a WNBA career, there aren't many choices that are as good as Connecticut. Certainly none that are better. I'm not saying that other teams don't put players in the NBA but our players have a proven reputation of being WNBA ready and we have a history of our alumni having long pro careers. All of our games are on TV and many of our out of conference games are must see events. Plus, at Connecticut, women's basketball isn't playing second fiddle to any other sport. She would be playing in active arenas filled with enthusiastic and loud fans.

I get it she's got a choice to make and she needs to make the one that's right for her, but it's tough to imagine a better outcome for her in the near and long terms than to play in Storrs.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She already has been to UConn. She left here (Norman) and headed straight to UConn. What does that mean? I'll let others decide. She has started following OU's Director of Women's Basketball on Instagram in addition to several OU players. R

Where has this been reported ?
Jonas Chatterton is in discussions with Oklahoma but hasn’t been hired yet, to my knowledge

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She already has been to UConn. She left here (Norman) and headed straight to UConn. What does that mean? I'll let others decide. She has started following OU's Director of Women's Basketball on Instagram in addition to several OU players. R

As far as I know, you are the first and only source on the Boneyard that has indicated Beers has visited Storrs. Do you have a source for that information?

Reaction Score
I'm fine with whatever choice Reagan makes. We don't have a huge need for her although adding a talented 6'4" to the mix would be nice. She would move the needle more for OK. OK had some good teams under Sherri Coale and their record under Sherri s replacement has been good. If Reagan played well at OK she'd have the full attention of the W come draft time.

As an aside, I always liked Sherri, as did Geno and they were on our schedule for awhile. Plus Bam Bam was an assistant coach under Sherri. I never gave it a thought as to why Bam Bam ended up at OK but it turns out she played her HS ball at Norman High, coached by none other than Sherri Coale.

Reaction Score
I understand the excitement for Beers but why would you want another Guard? You have a team that has two guards that were number 1 in their class and 4 more that were in the top 10 in their class and Chen brings you something they don't? I don't understand why Geno would risk upsetting what he has for a player that will be there one season.
Have you followed our injury history the past few years? Those two guards have only played a handful of games together in 2 years... we need depth.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm fine with whatever choice Reagan makes. We don't have a huge need for her although adding a talented 6'4" to the mix would be nice. She would move the needle more for OK. OK had some good teams under Sherri Coale and their record under Sherri s replacement has been good. If Reagan played well at OK she'd have the full attention of the W come draft time.

As an aside, I always liked Sherri, as did Geno and they were on our schedule for awhile. Plus Bam Bam was an assistant coach under Sherri. I never gave it a thought as to why Bam Bam ended up at OK but it turns out she played her HS ball at Norman High, coached by none other than Sherri Coale.
Shari isn’t there anymore

BC86ADCD-2641-45BB-BE4F-6F809854B05B.jpeg

Reaction Score

Since we have been inflicted with an almost biblical onset of injuries these past 4 years, I would say we do have a need for that reason alone especially at that position. Right now, it doesn't appear to be critical but who knows. An extra inside player who can score and board is surely a good thing. Even if everyone is healthy, she will still play.

Reaction Score
My only input into this entire discussion is whatever school Raegan Beers chooses will be the right one for Raegan Beers. She is an obviously hard worker at the game but is still an amateur and like all amateurs with more improvement needed that will need to be gained over the next two years. Not sure about OK but at UConn that improvement will be stressed and coming from some of the best basketball minds and coaches in the nation. What she feels she needs, however, is for her to determine. If it happens to be UConn, great. If not, we need to wish her the best of luck.

Reaction Score
Concerning our depth and whether we need additional players. We have two young, largely unproven frontcourt players coming off injuries, one an achilles tear. Azzi and Aubrey are recovering from ACL surgery and can be expected to start the season slowly. And there's no assurance that Caroline will be ready and able to play at a high level given her injury history. That leaves us a roster of 8 healthy (fingers crossed) players, three of which are freshmen and have not played a minute of college ball. Given that, I'm more than okay with adding a couple of talented and healthy players.

Reaction Score
The fact that she has not visited the campus nor has one scheduled tells me she is not very interested in UConn. If she came to the campus and met the staff and players I would feel differently about our prospects of landing her.
I guess that takes Wake Forest off the table then....:cool::D:cool:

I still like UConn's chances with or without Beers, just for the record.

Reaction Score

How do you know she's already been to Uconn. No where has it been reported.

Reaction Score

Uconn has a COLOSSAL need for a talented 6'4" post player in the mix! Someone that can be a defensive and rebounding presence under the hoop; if that player can also provide a dozen points per game, in addition to the dozen rebounds, all the better!

If this player doesn't turn out to be Reagan Beers, then they need to find another talented 6'4" post player to join the roster for next season. Jana El Alfy, although being with the team for almost 2-yrs now, has never played a single minute. The only videos I've seen of her, suggest that she is an outstanding shooter from the outside, but not necessarily a "Post 'em up, Push 'em around, Power Presence under the hoop" type of player to begin with, and she is coming off a very serious leg injury which may result in additional apprehensions of playing that big, strong, power, interior role. UConn's other choice for the center position is Patterson, who is also inexperienced and unproven, and is coming off of a leg injury as well! Those two have the potential, but then again, the potential of getting squashed.

Who else does the team have? One of the concerns that Geno had last season was that Ice Brady was so apprehensive of the interior power role. So, who else; Caroline? No, that is not going to be her role for certain. No matter what happens, with or without Beers on the team, Uconn needs to get some proven/experienced help at the power position!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom