Résumés | The Boneyard

Résumés

Reaction Score
Let's take a look at some of the teams' best wins using KenPom.

Purdue

Quad 1
N 10. Gonzaga
N 13. Duke
N 25. West Virginia

Quad 2
H 38. Marquette
A 79. Nebraska

UConn

Quad 1
N 9. Alabama
N 43. Oregon
N 50. Iowa State
A 53. Florida

Quad 2
H 34. Oklahoma State

Texas

Quad 1

N 10. Gonzaga
N 23. Creighton

Tennessee

Quad 1
N 12. Kansas

Quad 2

N 70. USC
N 82. Butler

Kansas

Quad 1
N 13. Duke
N 43. Wisconsin
A 49. Missouri (this will drop lower since Kansas is killing them)

Quad 2
N 57. NC State
H 65. Seton Hall

Virginia

Quad 1
N 16. Baylor
N 20. Illinois
A 46. Michigan

Houston

Quad 1
N 22. St. Mary's
A 43. Oregon

Quad 2
H 66. Kent State

Alabama

Quad 1
A 2. Houston
N 24. North Carolina
N 37. Michigan State

Looking at just wins and losses, Purdue and UConn look like the have best resumes: both undefeated, both multiple Quad 1 wins. UConn has the best win between the two of them, though it's close, and Purdue has second and third best wins that are better than UConn's second best win. I think either would be a fair #1.

Looking just at resumes like this, it's hard to see how UVA is a reasonable #1 team, which they will almost surely be on Monday. Baylor and Illinois are good wins, but not of the calibre of UConn/Purdue. Still, not a bad 1-2-3.

Reaction Score
I think Bama is going to jump a couple spots. That will put any doubters in their place.

Reaction Score
You cannot rank Purdue #1 when they needed OT to beat a .500 Nebraska team. Sorry, but that is total BS. We have murdered everyone in our path. We deserve it.
Of course you can. I'm not saying I would. But there's a reasonable argument that they're three wins—also blowouts—against Duke, Gonzaga, and West Virginia, are better than our best three wins, which is Alabama and some more mediocre teams. I know you think that anyone who doesn't agree with you is completely and obviously wrong, but in this case the two resumes are close and both are better than Virginia's.

Nebraska just whipped up on Creighton. There's a decent chance it's going to be a Quad 1 win for them.

Reaction Score
Props for the proper use of accent marks, @tzznandrew!
Of course you can. I'm not saying I would. But there's a reasonable argument that they're three wins—also blowouts—against Duke, Gonzaga, and West Virginia, are better than our best three wins, which is Alabama and some more mediocre teams. I know you think that anyone who doesn't agree with you is completely and obviously wrong, but in this case the two resumes are close and both are better than Virginia's.

Nebraska just whipped up on Creighton. There's a decent chance it's going to be a Quad 1 win for them.
Typing fast giveth, and it taketh away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom