Quick eats in Hartford | The Boneyard

Quick eats in Hartford

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Where does everyone get a quality quick bite to eat in Hartford?

I used to make Woodys hotdogs my tradition before games... quick (depending on line) and delicious. But they've been closed for a few years now.

What's everyone's quick and decent food options before the game tonight in Hartford?

Reaction Score
Where does everyone get a quality quick bite to eat in Hartford?

I used to make Woodys hotdogs my tradition before games... quick (depending on line) and delicious. But they've been closed for a few years now.

What's everyone's quick and decent food options before the game tonight in Hartford?
there's decent options in the XL for that, plus there's some good beers offered too.

Reaction Score
Fire-N-Spice. Vegan Jamaican food takeout.

3 minute drive from anywhere you'd want to park at near the game.

For those vegan fearful, start with their Jamaican patties. Incredible easy to eat handheld food. Get whatever their special is.

It's also a short walk from a good coffee shop if you need a little caffeine prior to the game.

Reaction Score
Sorella has been our pregame meal spot - relatively quick (in/out under an hour), good service, great food, close walk, parking nearby. Definitely recommend!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

For those vegan fearful, start with their Jamaican patties. Incredible easy to eat handheld food. Get whatever their special is.
The place I go in New Haven, Caribbean Style Vegan, makes a great Jamaican patty with "Beyond Meat." I'll have to check out Fire-N-Spice.

Reaction Score
Pietro's Pizza right on Main Street by the old G Fox. The have a small amount of seating, they serve alcohol and you can call your order in ahead, the menu is much more diverse than just pizza. They make a great chicken parm sub.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
McDonalds/Wendys/BK/Subway - you said quick

Reaction Score
Gonna second @Hey Adrien! on Fire-N-Spice, but that's coming from someone who hasn't eaten meat in over a decade.

The place I go in New Haven, Caribbean Style Vegan, makes a great Jamaican patty with "Beyond Meat." I'll have to check out Fire-N-Spice.
Caribbean Style is so good. Fire-N-Spice is definitely similar, but not so much so that it's not worth the trip. They have a cool variety of different vegetarian Jamaican patties, as well as other dishes you can make a combination plate out of.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mickey's has a nice fish sandwich to grab and go just across the river.

Reaction Score
Eat something spicy at a place you hadn't eaten at before right before a game. Feeling lucky?
bathroom GIF

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Probably just me, but I cannot stand steamed cheeseburgers. It's like a small wet meatball on a piece of bread.
I love 'em but to each his own! And, while funny, that's a very inaccurate description.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

It's also a short walk from a good coffee shop if you need a little caffeine prior to the game.
Agreed. Really good food

Reaction Score
It was easy back in the 90's.... several beers at Lord Jim's Pub...then half-hour before tipoff, take the walkway over Trumbull to the HCC mall and hit Wendy's (which was always fully staffed, ready for the gamenight onslaught) for a burger and fries.

Reaction Score
i went to MMs Gyros for lunch every day on temple although it prob closes too early for dinner

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
El pollo Guapo was a must when I was in grad school in the downtown campus. Bears and blind pig are great as well on Pratt St as many others have said

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom