Question on recruiting top prospects | The Boneyard

Question on recruiting top prospects

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Does the recruit have any say in the agenda for the visit?

I've always been a "let's get straight to the point" kinda guy. If I were visiting a campus, I'd have a set of priorities that would include looking at the training facilities, where would I live, where/what would I eat, conversations with coaches, get to know my future teammates, classes in my area of interest, NIL potential and execution, and whatever else matters to my personal well-being.

I would not be posing for photographs, especially not in your jersey, as I am not being compensated to promote your university. I would not be sitting with your fans. In fact, I would tend to avoid any and all kinds of hoopla.

It all just seems strange to me that recruits allow themselves to be manipulated like what we've seen, even from UConn. I'm the guy being pursued. You're the pursuer. Shouldn't I get to call the terms of the recruitment?

Reaction Score
From what I understand, the school's are generally setting the agenda for the most part because they want to show the player what they have to offer.

But I would imagine if Cooper Flagg said "I want to go bowling," he's going bowling.

Kids like the hoopla. That's why you see it.

Reaction Score
I also wouldn't be surprised if the very top recruits are actually being compensated for wearing the jersey or posing for pics. Even before NIL, tons of money was being thrown at recruits before they signed, I highly doubt that's changed in the new landscape.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom