Question for Mississippi State fan | The Boneyard

Question for Mississippi State fan

Reaction Score
Has AEH regressed this year? It seems like she is not playing as much and most of her stats seem to be down.

Reaction Score
They don’t have McCowan holding down the fort in the paint leaving her open from the perimeter. MSU needs players 1-5 to contribute both offensively and defensively this year. Playing mainly as a spot up shooter won’t get her many minutes on this team. She doesn’t really rebound, she doesn’t generate many steals or turnovers, she doesn’t exactly create scoring opportunities for her teammates. All she has done is shoot and she hasn’t been shooting well lately, so her minutes have steadily went down. Can she fill up a score board in a hurry with her shooting at times? Of course, but there are so many aspects to the game she is not producing in and the coaches want more from.

Reaction Score
AEH is getting wide open shots but she is not making those shots. Andi, in my opinion, lacks confidence in her outside shots, she has a great stroke and when she is on she is impossible to stop. I think Andi has become a great defender, she is not physical but she is a pest constantly in the opponents space. The problem she has this year, as opposed to last year, is MSST has more capable players,not great but capable, and she is just not getting enough playing time to get confidence in her shot. Sometimes you just have to go get it and as of today Andi has not done that.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think she excels in games where the pace is fast, and everyone jacks up quick shots and only 6-9 seconds are used on the shot clock. Games like Oregon, Arkansas, Texas A&M last year are some of her best games.

Hasn't really played anyone like that this year. The closest is probably Stanford, but.... eh not quite. That was also one of her better games - just didn't get many minutes due to Vic wanting more Wiggins and Mingo-Young in the 4th quarter. They actually turned the game around so it worked - but just came a little bit short of tying the game - as we saw.

She'll probably get her opportunity at some point this year. But ultimately, I don't think she's one of our top 5 players. Like Taylor and Wiggins, she probably does one (or two) things really well. But she's not as versatile as Bibby, Danberry, and Jackson. And obviously Carter plays a position that allots her more minutes overall - so her total minutes are trailing Carter's big time too.

Reaction Score
I think she excels in games where the pace is fast, and everyone jacks up quick shots and only 6-9 seconds are used on the shot clock. Games like Oregon, Arkansas, Texas A&M last year are some of her best games.

Hasn't really played anyone like that this year. The closest is probably Stanford, but.... eh not quite. That was also one of her better games - just didn't get many minutes due to Vic wanting more Wiggins and Mingo-Young in the 4th quarter. They actually turned the game around so it worked - but just came a little bit short of tying the game - as we saw.

She'll probably get her opportunity at some point this year. But ultimately, I don't think she's one of our top 5 players. Like Taylor and Wiggins, she probably does one (or two) things really well. But she's not as versatile as Bibby, Danberry, and Jackson. And obviously Carter plays a position that allots her more minutes overall - so her total minutes are trailing Carter's big time too.
I think you may be right. For me the most surprising new comer is Mingo-Young and I believe that is because she does go get it, seems to give max effort 100% of the time she is in the game. Most disappointing has been the play of Promise Taylor. She just does not appear to have recovered from her injury. My opinion, Promise can make the difference between a good team and an elite team. We really need the pre-injury Promise for the physically and length she can bring, would help rebounding and defense. I think Promise‘s major issue is she is just not in game shape yet, hope she gets there soon.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO Espinoza-Hunter was over rated coming out of High School. She won the NY State Gatorade Player of the Year putting up gaudy stats for Ossining. Some may recall that she played her freshmen year for Ossining and then transferred to Blair Academy for three years before returning to Ossining for her Senior Year.

Andra was also a member of the infamous U16 USA Basketball Team that won a Bronze Medal instead of the usual Gold Medal that is expected in the Americas Competition. She did try out for the U17 team and didn't make the final roster.

I think Geno expected another Saniya Chong who also graduated from Ossining. Saniya was a hard worker and good teammate who attempted to do what the team needed. She was willing to work to get what she wanted. Andra was not to be Saniya and IMO expected a starting role to be handed to her without putting in the Hard Work that was required. She could have been a valuable member of UConn and who knows might have been the needed scoring from the Bench to win a National Championship. I'm not surprised she hasn't been an All American Caliber player at Miss St.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Right now, I think MSU will finish around 4th in the SEC. I think the regular season will be USC, UK, A&M and MSU. Arky will probably be 5th. I expect Mizzou and Swiss MIss to be the bottom 2, with Vandy moving up to the middle of the pack.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom