Quesiton - what's the difference? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quesiton - what's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Agreed - I'm just seeing a significant amount of speculation that this is due to the lawsuit or because we're 'scared' - couldn't it just be that BC doesn't want to split the New England market if it doesn't have to?

That's actually a fair argument. I could see BC benefitting from having a bloody rival in football and basketball (I understand you have 'Cuse and Clemson in the ACC for football, but what about basketball?)

That said, I understand what you are saying.

Reaction Score
It is the reasoning behind the block. If all we are reading (mostly from BC fans/writers) is even marginally true (which is a stretch, I know), this block - if there really is one - is for personal reasons related to the lawsuit. If that is the case, it's pretty sad. As was already mentioned, those other schools blocking in state teams from their conference all play each other annually in all sports (UK v. UL, SC v. Clem, UGa v. GT, FSU v. UF). BC has refused to play UConn in FB, UConn (JC) said he wouldn't schedule BC in BB, yet we play each other in most other sports annually. It's really pretty silly.

Whether UConn lands in the ACC, stays in a remodeled BE, or ideally (although a long shot) lands in the B1G, they should be playing each other in FB every year, and it should be scheduled on one of the big rivalry weekends. A Thanksgiving weekend game between New England rivals just makes too much sense.

Reaction Score
Funny Adam uses FSU/Florida to make a point, all the while ignoring theproximity of WF/Duke/UNC/NCST.

The fact of the matter is that this has nothing to do with territory and everything to do with the curious group think mentality of The Heights. BC has always objected to competition and the virtues that come with it, rather they seek to maintain their perception of exclusivity that only exists in their cocoon.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Funny Adam uses FSU/Florida to make a point, all the while ignoring theproximity of WF/Duke/UNC/NCST.

The fact of the matter is that this has nothing to do with territory and everything to do with the curious group think mentality of The Heights. BC has always objected to competition and the virtues that come with it, rather they seek to maintain their perception of exclusivity that only exists in their cocoon.
Pigeonholing an enemy is a tactical error. Keep impressions as a first approximation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't get how a non-profit group representing a peace loving religion would want "kill off" a neighbor.

Reaction Score
Ever hear of the Crusades? lol

lol

The Inquisition, what a show!!!
The Inquisition, here we go!!!
We know you're wishin' that we'd go away....

What up next? Water Ballet.
The Inquisition (what a show)
The Inquisition (here we go)
We know you're wishin' that we'd go away.

Reaction Score
There is no difference.

Although, there is little doubt in my mind that with a level playing field for conference affiliation UCONN football will be to BC football what UCONN hoops is to BC hoops. Given that possibility, the stakes may be higher for BC than they are in most other instances like this. Couple that with the uttern lack of leadership and vision GDF brings to the table for BC and.......yes.......scared is a good description.

Reaction Score

The WF/Duke/UNC/NCST comparison doesn't apply to BC/UConn. Those core school founded the ACC 60 years ago after withdrawing from the old Southern Conference together due to a disagreement over the SoCon's ban on postseason play. They were already conference partners at the time and besides, that was an era before college sports was making bigtime money and recruits were flying all over the country to check out athletic programs. If those NC schools could somehow separate themselves geographically today I'm sure they would.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If those NC schools could somehow separate themselves geographically today I'm sure they would.

Don't be so sure of that. Whispers have had NC State being talked about by the SEC, yet it isn't all that serious. Why? NC State doesn't have the desire to leave their conference rivalry with UNC.

Reaction Score
Don't be so sure of that. Whispers have had NC State being talked about by the SEC, yet it isn't all that serious. Why? NC State doesn't have the desire to leave their conference rivalry with UNC.
That rumor may have some truth to it and it's anyone's guess as to how loyal any school is to its conference these days. My point is that BC blocking UConn from the ACC (or UF blocking FSU from the SEC) is a completely different situation than the analogy the poster above was trying to draw by pointing out that 4 ACC schools happen to be in North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom