Put Newton on the wall!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Put Newton on the wall!!!

Reaction Score
Which is crazy.

Newton roasted Uconn and Bouknight at the point with 25 pts, 5 rbs, 6 ast, 2 steals and 0 TO.

Maybe they didn't like his walk up the court and high dribble. Lol
I remember that game. It was before the COVID shutdown. The things I remember from that game were:

1) UConn won
2) James Bouknight's highight alley oop dunk (he really got up there in the air)
3) thinking, "that Newton guy played well" for East Carolina.

It's why I was pleased the day the news said UConn got him in the transfer portal because I distinctly remember Newton scoring 25 points against UConn and keeping East Carolina hanging around in that game until UConn pulled away.

If I did a time travel back to that day of the end of that game asked the question to the 2020 version of myself "which player from this game will be remembered the most and make the positive contribution to UConn basketball?" I would've guessed James Bouknight. Today's version of myself would say "no Tristen Newton". The 2020 version of myself would give a puzzled facial expression in return and ask "really?".

If I did a time travel back to that day of the end of that game and told the 2020 version of myself Newton would be the PG running the UConn offense which would be most elegant offense in the nation for 2 years and it would result in back-to-back championships, the 2020 version of myself would reply, "he is a good player, but come one, ease up on the exaggeration".

What's the moral of the story? The transfer portal is a humongous game changer.

Reaction Score
It gets a little hokey when your program is this strong. We'll be wearing offensive lineman numbers pretty soon. :)

Reaction Score
I will always remember that flip shot that Teisten in the second half. That and the 3 rhat Karabn hit followed by Castle demoralized Purdue and they knew we would win. That was a hell of a shot showing conviction going against Edey. Now I need ro buy my Newton shirt. He will be sorely missed and so glad he came back as it was win win for both team and player.

Reaction Score
Any of you feel this way too?

As a crazy UConn fan watching the games, I would always get nervous at some point. But whenever Newton would pop up on the screen, he always looked calm, collected, and confident! He always carried the “we got this” look!

Which would immediately make me think, yep we got this!

He’s a leader in the way he inspires confidence into his teammates.

That’s why he will succeed in anything he sets his eyes on moving forward!

Reaction Score
He went through a hot streak early on this year and I was thinking that he made a deal with the Devil. The 31 against Kansas was just epic.

Reaction Score
Went back and looked at some highlights from this ECU game in Feb 2020 - our lineup was guys like Bouk, Josh Carlton, Whaley, Gaffney, Vital, Gilbert, etc. Seems so long ago now. Who would have though then that this freshman on the other team would help us win 2 straight Nattys and his name & number hanging on the Gampel wall?

Reaction Score
Went back and looked at some highlights from this ECU game in Feb 2020 - our lineup was guys like Bouk, Josh Carlton, Whaley, Gaffney, Vital, Gilbert, etc. Seems so long ago now. Who would have though then that this freshman on the other team would help us win 2 straight Nattys and his name & number hanging on the Gampel wall?

Yeah exactly, read my post #30 in this thread. Your post is much more succinct than mine, whereas I put a Back to the Future spin on my post. If someone from today went back in time and told the 2020 version of myself who was watching that game that a player in this UConn-ECU game will have their number up on the wall who is it? The 2020 version of myself would have guessed James Bouknight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom