Put Newton on the wall!!! | The Boneyard

Put Newton on the wall!!!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He's just so freakin special. He sacrifices himself so many times taking the ball downhill and getting hammered by bigs and just calmly dusts himself off and smiles as he drilled free throws when contests are on the line. RELENTLESS! He, like Cam, was not going to let us lose last night.

Edy or not, here he comes again with another MVP and the NC. True assassin.

Thanks to him we hardly had time to appreciate number 5 and now it's 6 !!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You have to put him on the wall. Need to start thinking about retiring some more numbers as well. Number #2 will never look right on another Husky. Just like #13 and Shabazz and #15 Kemba. And that is just off the top of my head. No disrespect to any other deserving Husky but right now with 4 hours sleep and still a bit emotional at what we have just witnessed those two were the first to come to mind.

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
You have to put him on the wall. Need to start thinking about retiring some more numbers as well. Number #2 will never look right on another Husky. Just like #13 and Shabazz and #5 Kemba. And that is just off the top of my head. No disrespect to any other deserving Husky but right now with 4 hours sleep and still a bit emotional at what we have just witnessed those two were the first to come to mind.
Kemba was 15.

Reaction Score
I'm ambivalent on retiring numbers. Don't get me wrong I was there for the Rip retirement and was screaming my head off. It was awesome. I just feel its a little "extra"

I kind of prefer the "unspoken retirement" system of not assigning any players certain numbers out of respect

Reaction Score
And to think that at the beginning of last year, people were lamenting that UConn didn't have a "real" point guard.

LMAO
Which is crazy.

Newton roasted Uconn and Bouknight at the point with 25 pts, 5 rbs, 6 ast, 2 steals and 0 TO.

Maybe they didn't like his walk up the court and high dribble. Lol

Reaction Score
No one's number should be retired. Make it an honor to wear them
Agreed. Not a fan of the whole retired numbers thing. The Yankees have retired so many that players have to start wearing absurd numbers. As you said, it should be an honor and serve as motivation for players to wear a certain number to try and live up to, or surpass the guys that wore it before them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom