Purdue Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Purdue Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
These questions suck. Show Steph and TNewt some respect.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I said since early in the year they could be the best UConn team ever. I'm 44 and this is the best college basketball team I've ever seen.

Just an incredible squad. Also the best two year run ever.
Couldn’t agree more. Lockdown from 1-5 defensively, and the most poetic offense I’ve seen. Just remarkably talented, poised and efficient.

Reaction Score
I was lurking on Syracusefan last year and after our 1st round win they started a thread to laugh at us. That helped with the mojo so much. Thanks Syracusefan!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I said since early in the year they could be the best UConn team ever. I'm 44 and this is the best college basketball team I've ever seen.

Just an incredible squad. Also the best two year run ever.
I’m 63. Been watching this team since 1970. What I’m trying to say, is I totally agree with you. Go UConn!

Reaction Score
Way to go, UConn!! Back to Back titles!! I will not lie, I was on the fence about the hiring of Hurley years ago. Boy was I wrong. This dude knows how to coach, develop players, and just has the pulse of the program! Congratulations on the win, fellas!! And yes, WE ARE A Blood Blue program! Title Number 6 and Back to Back!!

caw

Reaction Score
Painter is a mediocre coach. Didn’t adjust or anything. Just got Edey his stats

I mean there wasn't a lot he could do to change it up. Edey was their only advantage in the game. UConn shut down 2-4 and they didn't have a guard that can get his own shot aside from Smith (who played decently). Jones was overmatched, as was Loyer and Karaban stayed home on his man and shut down any chance at a kickout three. The only thing he could do was force it into Edey and pray the refs fouled out Clingan ASAP to force doubles.

Reaction Score
Edey is a heck of a college player and he seemed to be rising up a lot of draft boards, but I gotta think this game lost him quite a bit of money. UConn took advantage of his lack of mobility and just killed them on ball screens. When he did come up a bit to challenge, UConn took advantage and got to the basket because he wasn’t quick enough to recover. If I’m an NBA GM watching this, I’m not touching Edey.

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
I may be too young (30) to truly appreciate other teams but this is the best team in college basketball history. Would love to hear rebuttals so I have something to watch while the fun sports to watch go on their summer vacation.

Reaction Score
Edey is a heck of a college player and he seemed to be rising up a lot of draft boards, but I gotta think this game lost him quite a bit of money. UConn took advantage of his lack of mobility and just killed them on ball screens. When he did come up a bit to challenge, UConn took advantage and got to the basket because he wasn’t quick enough to recover. If I’m an NBA GM watching this, I’m not touching Edey.
I have been waiting for those Samson Johnson lobs for months. I was pissed he picked up to fouls before even getting to the offensive end.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
A big man that can’t shoot the three is useless in the NBA. Right? Help me out here. I’m open for opinions.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32