Purdue’s defense | The Boneyard

Purdue’s defense

Reaction Score
LOL. UCONN's offense asks all 5 players on defense to make an extraordinary number of consecutive correct decisions in 30 seconds. Easy to pick out 1 bad one on each possession.

Reaction Score
I was rewatching today and wow, Fletcher Loyer was so bad. Defense even worse than his offense and he scored 0 points on offense.

UConn picked on #23 freshman Heide a lot as well.

Edey does what Edey does. Sitting in the paint is literally what their coach tells him to do, so this guy is overreacting on that a bit. They want ballhandlers to get into the paint and then get freaked out by Edey's size and pull up for 2s or get annihilated at the rim. The Diarra 3 in transition in the corner is probably the only one for him that was really bad. He also usually chooses to cover the roll man instead of the ball, which can be a mistake but depends on a lot of things (and primary among them is keeping him out of foul trouble).

They're not switching level with the screen because Cam slipped that screen several times already. If you play it level he's hitting a 3 on you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Go check the first 4 or 5 possessions of the game- Purdue’s defense was atrocious- that is when I turned to my seven year old son & said this game is a wrap- gonna win by even more than I figured- which they didn’t- figured they would win by around 15- would’ve won by 25 though if UConn was more aggressive down the stretch with Edey- basically just let him dunk & layup so they wouldn’t foul.

Reaction Score
This is freakin hysterical. This guy is losing his mind. He is spot on.
Agree. Listening to this guy's ranting sounds a little like Gutfeld on FoxNews times ten. Even so without the distraction of his shouting, he makes very valid points especially about the way Purdue for the entire game couldn't figure out the switches and screens. After watching it and listening to the critique it makes you wonder where would Purdue have been ranked without their 7'4" center who could deflect attention from the inadequacies.

Reaction Score
Edey does what Edey does. Sitting in the paint is literally what their coach tells him to do, so this guy is overreacting on that a bit. They want ballhandlers to get into the paint and then get freaked out by Edey's size and pull up for 2s or get annihilated at the rim. The Diarra 3 in transition in the corner is probably the only one for him that was really bad. He also usually chooses to cover the roll man instead of the ball, which can be a mistake but depends on a lot of things (and primary among them is keeping him out of foul trouble).
Yeah I don’t think it’s a knock on Edey’s execution, it’s just what he can do. Edey’s just not mobile enough to really use him effectively any other way and UConn is good enough offensively to exploit that and the fact that the rest of the guys were largely undersized and slow.

Reaction Score
"Zach Edey's just standing around in the paint...wow!!"

lol
This guy is ridiculous, wants edey chasing clingan to 3 point line. He was gased in drop coverage. Would have played 18 minutes if this idiot was coach. They would have won by 40 with this gamer at helm. UConn is incredibly difficult to defend, it’s that simple

Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t think it’s a knock on Edey’s execution, it’s just what he can do. Edey’s just not mobile enough to really use him effectively any other way and UConn is good enough offensively to exploit that and the fact that the rest of the guys were largely undersized and slow.

Plus Edey was tired. Of course that does not account for the first 10 minutes of the game.

Reaction Score
This is freakin hysterical. This guy is losing his mind. He is spot on.
It’s a funny channel. The guy knows his stuff but he also is only negative and would’ve made a video ripping Hurley’s coaching if we lost too

Reaction Score
He literally was blaming Painter throughout the entire video.
Well he was doing both at various points. In either case, there's a ton of ways to play certain coverages, and just saying doing it this way is "wrong" is itself... "wrong". (And I get that it's more or less a parody account, but I can't help but pushback on this. Creighton beat us using this same style of defense).

Reaction Score
It’s a funny channel. The guy knows his stuff but he also is only negative and would’ve made a video ripping Hurley’s coaching if we lost too

Rips Geno apart here

Reaction Score
I'm surprised he doesn't include the two alley oops.
Can you imagine if SJ wasn’t in foul trouble and stayed on the court, probably could have run the lob dunk as much as they wanted with ZE in no man’s land and unable to react quick enough. ZE scored 37 but this video showed why he had the worst +- on the team.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine if SJ wasn’t in foul trouble and stayed on the court, probably could have run the lob dunk as much as they wanted with ZE in no man’s land and unable to react quick enough. ZE scored 37 but this video showed why he had the worst +- on the team.
I re watched the second half tonight. SJ’s 4th foul was so dumb. He needs to break those habits.

But yes, we could have run that lob play 4 more times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom