Providence Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A win is a win.

Dorka dominated. Nika really played well.

Team is very tired both physically and mentally. For our couch coaches clamoring for Geno to play the bench, sorry guys. Geno played the bench and it didn't work out to well.

Moving on.

Reaction Score
A tough grind. Happy we got a win. Providence played hard and defended well.

Dorka had a phenomenal game with 19 points and 17 rebounds. Nika played well with 9 Assists And 14 points. Aubrey and Lou had strong contributions with 13 points each. Aliyah was off tonight and she picked up a few early fouls. The bench provided limited relief.

There were 20 turnovers, two more than the 18 assists.

Time to get some rest and get ready for South Carolina!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Official box score

58F1384B-10AC-4A44-BA8F-78D04F963563.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Swerve: It looked like Jana was in uniform. What would be the point of that? I am curious, that's all.
Back to the post game comments. I really, really feel bad for our starters. Every one of them is busting their butts and they must be so fatigued, both physically and mentally. All these guys are getting roughed up the majority of the time. The bench did give a couple of minutes of rest to the starting 5, without much production from any of them, unless you want to count fouls.

Reaction Score
It's hard to find a lot of positives in tonight's game, but I can't help but believe that the team's focus was more on what is upcoming on Sunday. Providence played determined and took advantage of UConn being out of sync and mentally disjointed. The issue with turnovers persists. Many f them were unforced and due to a lack of focus. It seems that both Lou and Aaliyah left their games back in Knoxville. Fortunately, UConn is not a one-man band, and Aubrey stood up against Villanova and Dorka shined tonight.

It appears the word is out that one way to stop Lou from going off in a game is to beat her up physically. She sure doesn't seem to get her share of calls.

Hopefully, the team can lick their wounds in the ensuing days and come out electrified against SC. I expect them to be ready to play, and every one of the starters will have to make a significant contribution to compensate against SC's size and depth.

Reaction Score
UConn played their C game, Providence played, I guess for them, their A game. Trap game, too

I think there were 3 bench points, btw
Only one bench point (Patterson), but on the plus side, that's 25% of AE's point production.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've stated my issues with time off and less practice time for the players before. Yes, they absolutely need time off from the gym and Geno. Of that there is no question. Yet this has meant, to my eyes, certain instances where I'm seeing, for the first time since I've been a UConn fan, where the team looks ill prepared. I have no solutions, only what I've observed, and if I were a coach I don't know what's to be done, other than what has been done.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Very disturbing trend from Aaliya and Lou. Two subpar games in a row. I‘m hoping they perform better on Sunday.

They've been carrying the scoring load so long they are probably both dragging. I don't even care about Sunday. I just hope they both stay healthy and get adequate rest somewhere along the line before the post season.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Another grind-it-out win. The tale of two halves can be summed up by Nika's assist numbers: first half, 8, second half 1. UConn just couldn't run an offense for long stretches in the second half. You could chalk it up to minutes, but that doesn't explain Edwards's trouble.

Let's see what happens Sunday.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, like geno said the players are tired, and hurt, sloppy game play will happen when people are basically playing tired. Until we can get the other two back azzi and Caroline, a lot of these games going down the stretch will look ugly, they have to grind it out unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom