Proud of this Team | The Boneyard

Proud of this Team

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We went into a hostile environment against the Mountain West champion, not knowing much about ourselves or what we could do. And I think we showed a heck of a lot today. Offense. Defense. Fighting through adversity and injury. Playing backups in key positions like WR, QB, Kicker, etc. And we were a blown PI call away from getting the ball back down 4 points in the 4th quarter against an 11-win team.

We lost today. But mark my words: UConn is back, folks. The Huskies are comin'... and the country had better take notice......

Pride. Heart. UConn.

Reaction Score
CCSU at home is just what ZT and this team needs next week. I think we'll have a shot at Cuse after ZT gets more game reps.
We ll have a shot a Cuse if we do not underestimate Central. U ONN needs to prepare for every opponent like they ran it. And yes I am proud of the Huskies and they gained respect from their opponent, us the fans{most of us anyway} and I am sure their coaches.

Reaction Score
AD Benedict has it pegged I believe, "...there is a different feeling about this loss..." In the recent (10)? seasons, there may have been times when one said, "Ahh, we can learn or move forward from this loss." But with Coach Mora and staff here now, and witnessing today's game without our starting QB, and losing our number 1 and 2 receivers, I do believe in that "different feeling", Yes, who knows how many wins this year, and there may well be a couple of lopsided losses here and there, but this is the first game of the Mora Era and I believe it will be the game to look back upon, and say, "That was the Beginning..."

Reaction Score
I didn’t get to see all of it but it was obvious from the first snap this team has a coaching staff that will have them ready. The quick snaps on 3rd and a 4th down play early on showed detail and prep they haven’t had. The Aggies D wasn’t ready and they took advantage to get 1st Downs. Really sucks to lose 2 impact players immediately but the future is in very good hands for once.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We went into a hostile environment against the Mountain West champion, not knowing much about ourselves or what we could do. And I think we showed a heck of a lot today. Offense. Defense. Fighting through adversity and injury. Playing backups in key positions like WR, QB, Kicker, etc. And we were a blown PI call away from getting the ball back down 4 points in the 4th quarter against an 11-win team.

We lost today. But mark my words: UConn is back, folks. The Huskies are comin'... and the country had better take notice......

Pride. Heart. UConn.
Proud of you brother now that your out of hiding lol, I’m actually excited for this group I think Mora could be on to something, ground game was solid

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last year I was so embarrassed by the team that I couldn't watch the whole game, today I watched till the end knowing that we still had a chance.
I don’t know about being embarrassed, but last year watching UConn football felt like a chore. I did it, but I didn’t really look forward to it and I certainly didn’t enjoy it.

Before yesterday‘s game, I was looking forward to seeing progress. I was hoping to see a competent football team compete through all four quarters. We got that and we did it with our quarterback and our three best receivers out. We did it with a true freshman stepping up to take the reins of the team. We gave a team that received votes for the top 25 in the nation all they can handle in a game that was closer than it appeared do you do that ridiculous PI call.

I’m never happy with a loss, but if there is such a thing as a good loss, this was it. I feel confident that this is a team that’s going to get better throughout the season, provided we can stay healthy. But most importantly, I’m excited about UConn football again. It’s Sunday, and I’m already counting down the hours to the next game.

Reaction Score
24 hours later and it's been a very long time since I've been this pumped after a loss. I have to koolaid on IV at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom