Prognosticators Game 10 (Georgetown) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 10 (Georgetown) Predictions

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Coming off a tough road win and probably no Paige - hmmmm. Evina plays point. CW is shooting guard and Anna plays the 3 along with Aubrey and Liv up front.

UConn wins 86 - 39.

Reaction Score
Travel Wednesday, play Thursday, travel Friday, play Saturday (afternoon game). No Bueckers. Looks like a trap game to me.

Georgetown 67-63
go to their home page and look at the stats. Their shooting percentages are low, I mean really low. and this is a game where Liv is taller than any opponent.

Reaction Score
Georgetown has some size and experience (3 Srs, 3 grads), but they do not do much well. UConn's third game in 5 days, so bench will play a lot. Look for Mir to have a good game. Huskies roll 95 – 37 .

Reaction Score
Hoya saxa - What rocks
Well I'll be damned (my priest tells me this). Goya Saxa in google translates "What Rocks". But, google translates has nothing for just plain "Hoya". Maybe they should be known as the Hoya Saxas.

Reaction Score
Uconn 84-38 lot of bench play today after sitting against Ten and no Paige I would imagine.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
go to their home page and look at the stats. Their shooting percentages are low, I mean really low. and this is a game where Liv is taller than any opponent.
You don't think I've already looked them over? I'm well aware of Georgetown. And your point?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I'll be damned (my priest tells me this). Goya Saxa in google translates "What Rocks". But, google translates has nothing for just plain "Hoya". Maybe they should be known as the Hoya Saxas.
The term hoya is an Ancient Greek word usually transliterated from οἵα as hoia from the word hoios (οἷος) meaning "such" or "what" as in "what manner of", and is used in certain Biblical quotations. Saxa is Latin for "rocks" or "small stones".

Reaction Score
UCONN 93 - Gtown 39 to bring attention to number dyslexia called dyscalculia; MOV of 54.

Reaction Score
Saxa Hoya! (What rocks!)
So is the Hoya part "What" or is it the "Rocks" ? Usually the Greek & Latin are inverted, so I am going with ROCKS.

As the cheer for the Gtown men's basketball when Patrick Ewing was playing used to go, "Let's go Hoyas!" repeated three times, "Let's go ROCKS" goes better than the short attention span theatre: "Let's go WHATS?!?"

If they would have shifted to "Let's roll ROCKS!" they could have done advertizing for a Pennsylvannia brewery Rolling Rock.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom