Previewing NC State / UConn game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Previewing NC State / UConn game

Reaction Score
Last year's game was one of the most exciting that I have ever watched UConn play. Talking about this year's meeting w/out Paige must be highly qualified. The performance by Bueckers was one of the greatest in the history of this storied franchise. It's a stretch to think that history will repeat itself. You can't take a b'ball genius like Minnesota Slim away and expect a repeat. Let's settle for a win.

Reaction Score
Azzi stated that she was actually open in the 1st half for 3's but didn't hunt her shot...I just watched the game and concur.

One point about Azzi's performance in the 3rd and 4th quarters:
It's not like she was standing around.saving her energy during the first half, so that she'd have a full tank for the end of the game...Rather she worked like a demon throughout the entire game, both on offense and defense...running around like a mad-woman.

She's in great shape...

But one wants to give her a bit more game time off (if possible)
I think great shape is an understatement. Against Texas Azzi was blowing by people on the dribble. Quick and fast like a Maserati. 185

Reaction Score
So they have played Elon? Wow. And I didn't even know he could play :D
th-2836738713.jpeg
Turns out that he bought the university, renamed the school after himself, most of the players quit so yes now he's starting.

Reaction Score
I think we recruited River Baldwin. Wonder if she is any good now. Seems like every big we don’t get, plays well. I’m not sure we stopped recruiting her or what, but I hope she doesn’t kill us either.

Reaction Score
I think we recruited River Baldwin. Wonder if she is any good now. Seems like every big we don’t get, plays well. I’m not sure we stopped recruiting her or what, but I hope she doesn’t kill us either.
It's hard to tell from the games they've played this year. But she seems to have decent post moves, though she missed an easy layup against one of the creampuffs. She also seems to be pretty mobile.

Reaction Score
I recently watched some of NC ST games and she will be trouble for us. When she gets the ball its going up. She is a big body with some nice quick spins and when she goes up she goes up strong. She could get our bigs in foul trouble. We could double her and see if she gives the ball up. I think Dorka at 6'5" is our best option on her.

Reaction Score
Well now that Dorka's out, who gets the start?
Very interesting question. Maybe Amari to not impact the rotation/flow too much.

Aubrey has been playing great, so I could see her getting the nod.

I'm a super big Caroline fan and think she'd thrive in the starting lineup.

All great options in my opinion.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very interesting question. Maybe Amari to not impact the rotation/flow too much.

Aubrey has been playing great, so I could see her getting the nod.

I'm a super big Caroline fan and think she'd thrive in the starting lineup.

All great options in my opinion.
Amari is not ready to start and Aubrey appears best off the bench. Caroline has to get the start and give us 5 good minutes before Aubrey comes in to rest Caroline. I think Ayanna makes it in before Amari although she will get 15+ minutes at least. Hurry up Jana

Reaction Score
Well now that Dorka's out, who gets the start?
I'm guessing Aubrey, with Ayanna expected to bring some energy off the bench. I wish I could expect Amari to contribute some meaningful and productive minutes but so far (unfortunately) I haven't seen anything to make me a believer.

Is Caroline still on limited minutes?

Reaction Score
UConn didn’t have much of an answer for either Diamond Johnson or Jada Boyd in last year’s NCAAT spectacle so I think y’all are going to need Patterson’s athleticism on the latter.

One area where UConn will have a significant advantage is coaching. Wes Moore seems as nice and classy as they come and has built a fine program back up at NC State, but he’s made a number of headscratching decisions in close games over the past few years. I still have no idea why Johnson never touched the floor in OT back in March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom