Pretty big schedule tonight | The Boneyard

Pretty big schedule tonight

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think he meant teams 2-5 in BE standings are playing.
Regardless teams 2-4 can't all be playing each other on the same night.
This is such a great place to visit after work. Because no matter how bad your day was you can find someone who is having a worse day, just click on any thread and you will find at least one person who missed by one number, one syllable or more than likely one opinion and it is being pointed out by several others.

Reaction Score
As 2-4 are playing each other. Providence at Marquette and the hall at creighton
100%, think it's pretty clear cut that we should be pulling for PC and Creighton (feels gross typing that).

Reaction Score
This is such a great place to visit after work. Because no matter how bad your day was you can find someone who is having a worse day, just click on any thread and you will find at least one person who missed by one number, one syllable or more than likely one opinion and it is being pointed out by several others.
I don't think @Chin Diesel meant or caused any harm pointing that out. Quite innocent. But while we're at it:
I've always been a vocal proponent of doing away with the 'grammar' police on here. Auto-correct changed Newton to Newtown in a thread I posted and it derailed the whole thing.

Reaction Score
I don't think @Chin Diesel meant or caused any harm pointing that out. Quite innocent. But while we're at it:
I've always been a vocal proponent of doing away with the 'grammar' police on here. Auto-correct changed Newton to Newtown in a thread I posted and it derailed the whole thing.
Are spelling errors of UConn players' first names part of "grammar police"? Because to me that and incorrect grammar are completely different. ;)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Agreed he was not throat punching or anything like that, it was more related to me taking a deep breath after work and deciding to check in to see if there was any new information clicked on this thread and just found the interaction entertaining. Which accomplished my goal. Made me forget about work.

Reaction Score
Are spelling errors of UConn players' first names part of "grammar police"? Because to me that and incorrect grammar are completely different. ;)
I think in that case you can politely correct. I put 'grammar' in quotes as a catch all.

The other night my wife pronounced preface as pree-face not preh-fiss. And since she is a corporate woman I thought she'd like to know the correct pronunciation. She wasn't happy. I thought she was gonna punch me in my fiss.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And since she is a corporate woman[,] I thought she'd like to know the correct pronunciation. She wasn't happy.
Because you've raised the matter of a person's response to being corrected within the broad realm of 'grammar,' would you like to know more about how "since" and "because" are often used interchangeably, but don't necessarily hold the same meaning?

Would you be happy if your wife called this to your attention?

These matters often operate as a balancing act, with a number of factors being considered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom