Predictions for 24-25 season | The Boneyard

Predictions for 24-25 season

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I predict we will not have six double digit blowouts in next year's dance

I think we're going to have to survive a scare. As hard as that is to fathom, 18 straight blowouts seems a little surreal

Reaction Score
I predict we will not have six double digit blowouts in next year's dance

I think we're going to have to survive a scare. As hard as that is to fathom, 18 straight blowouts seems a little surreal
I don’t doubt these guys anymore

Reaction Score
We lose one to the portal, not speculating who. We pick up Hausen, McNeely, and one of Williams/Ballo/Goldin. Preseason top 10 team. We run the Big East and are a top 2 seed in the tournament. This might seem far fetched with what we’re losing but we have the best staff in the country and we will be the hottest transfer destination this off-season.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
After our 2014 run, with two titles in four years, someone on here said as far as he was concerned, we had a 50-50 shot to win the title again in 2015. That seemed crazy, and was proven to be crazy.
Saying that in 2024 in regards to 2025 -- does not seem crazy.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The chatroom will be a chitshow.
How is that different than it is now?

My prediction: as unlikely as it is that DC returns, if he does, every P4 will refuse to play us, hastening the demise of the NCAA until a rule change is instituted allowing P4s to use current NBA alums, and giving everyone but UConn six fouls.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
First, doomed! I think we have a really good chance to go for a three peat.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Doooooooomed!!!!!!
Just pay healthy attention to what your wife says your daughter wants to do for her birthday, and it'll improve the collective chances of adjusting the number of O's and exclamation points optimally up or down.

Thanks for your service.

Reaction Score
3 transfers (Liam, Hausen, Ballo) plus Diarra, Alex, Jaylin, Sampson, Norwell and Abraham

I’m sorry but with this staff, that’s a title contender. I don’t think anyone would want to see Danny and this squad as a top 3 seed in the east

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
First, doomed! I think we have a really good chance to go for a three peat.

From the looks of your posts, first & second, doomed. I don't doubt that we will be going for a three-peat. And, I think it's a non-zero chance, which I personally consider to be way out on a limb in a way that I take great pains to avoid.

In some kind of 4 Box Grid from zero-to-full specificity along one axis and humorous-to-serious on the other, we've already gotten worthy entries in all 4 boxes. That's the path to bullet-proof-ness.

I single out (x 2) @FlexOnEm and @storrsroars for their contributions.

And kudos to @imno1. One game at a time.

IIRC, I opened up chat twice & posted once in 2022-23, and either entered briefly once this season without posting... or stopped short of fully loading ... or maybe only looked at the drop down menu ... or thought about it and performed no action. Whatever it was, I've made this sole mention of the possibilities, and if I knew of a way to check the actual, I wouldn't go looking for it, but if someone sends a DM with the answer, I'll probably read it.

Reaction Score
After our 2014 run, with two titles in four years, someone on here said as far as he was concerned, we had a 50-50 shot to win the title again in 2015. That seemed crazy, and was proven to be crazy.
Saying that in 2024 in regards to 2025 -- does not seem crazy.
If DeAndre Daniels came back for 2015, I think we would have at least been a Sweet 16 team. Heck there’s a world where KO is still coaching here if DD came back imo

Reaction Score
I think we will bring in multiple talented players via the portal. Really like McNeely but not holding my breath. Think Solo and Stewart make big jumps. I think Karaban returns and continues to be stellar. Should be a great team again. Hoping to win between 1 and 5 more trophies next year!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
3 transfers (Liam, Hausen, Ballo) plus Diarra, Alex, Jaylin, Sampson, Norwell and Abraham
A final confident prediction: whether through habitual user error or autocorrect, we will continue to misspell certain players' names.

Shout-out to @HooperScooper:

Here's a Google Maps route from Salem, IN, where I viewed the eclipse within the path of totality to a place where you came to mind. I liked that it was Tristin Court, rather than Rd, St, Lane, etc.

It boosted my spirits & confidence as I headed back home to watch the game ...

20240411_141616.jpg

Last edited:

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Danny and staff go "and for my next trick" on the basketball world, and climb the stairway to seven.

But in all reality, it'll be tough. I think we will need to let the team breathe because they will be much better in March than they will be in Nov. I am extremely excited for our returners and what Hass can do running the show. A couple things that I would like to see:

-Ball and Stew bring the confidence right away now that the offense will be somewhat designed around their skillset.
-Bring in McNeely and make him a one and done.
-Get in the tourney as a 3+ seed and watch the 1 seed fans meltdown when they see our presence in their region.
-Continue to add to the foundation of hardwork and unselfishness, that is now our signature.
-It's a lot of fun adding personalities like Cam and California, I am hoping we add some spice to our current mix.
-AK shoots the cover off the ball avoiding the lengthy slumps. I am 100% that he will be working hard to add to his toolbox this summer. Ultimately getting cemented in as a 1st rounder.

It's going to be a very interesting season, but these guys will catch zero heat from me if it's not same as the last two. Going to be great watching them grow further under Danny and staff.

Reaction Score
I’m so thankful for what just happened that I have no demands or expectations on next year’s team but remember something: Danny Hurley and his staff have them and will instill that in whoever is on the roster and that group will buy in.
A coach can tell his team what they expect to accomplish but very few out there can actually show the results like our staff can.
Question: Why isn’t there a line out coach’s door with these transfers right now?

Reaction Score

I’m sorry but with this staff, that’s a title contender. I don’t think anyone would want to see Danny and this squad as a top 3 seed in the east
Don’t forget solo!!!

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I’m so thankful for what just happened that I have no demands or expectations on next year’s team but remember something: Danny Hurley and his staff have them and will instill that in whoever is on the roster and that group will buy in.
A coach can tell his team what they expect to accomplish but very few out there can actually show the results like our staff can.
Question: Why isn’t there a line out coach’s door with these transfers right now?
Hurley has always allowed his incoming players their moment. My hunch is that he's telling them to wait until after the euphoria dies down/after the parade. I am hoping McNeeley ---> Cliff ---> Hauser. Hurley isn't going to say yes to them this week, and go back on his word if a couple weeks pass by. He's not that dude.

In all likelihood, the players that matter know who they are and I don't think it needs to be a noisey recruiting process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom