POY Candidates? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

POY Candidates?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
20 of 26 in field goal attempts.
Quite a game.
Anyone know if she’s considering staying a 5th year? She could handily set the record for all time scoring if she stays a 5th season.

Clark also is on pace to likely break the record assuming Iowa goes far in Big Ten tourney and reaches the 2nd weekend this year and next. She will have accomplished this in 4 years, plus endured many missed games due to Covid.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe she should be included in NPOY

Who says Brink is solely a paint defender? I think she's quick enough to cover players on other areas of the floor. And even if she is "only" a paint defender, her shot blocking is so far beyond Edwards or Reese that you really can't even compare them as defenders (almost double the other 2 combined). I've seen a number of games where she makes it virtually impossible for the opponent to score in the paint.

Reaction Score
Who says Brink is solely a paint defender? I think she's quick enough to cover players on other areas of the floor. And even if she is "only" a paint defender, her shot blocking is so far beyond Edwards or Reese that you really can't even compare them as defenders (almost double the other 2 combined). I've seen a number of games where she makes it virtually impossible for the opponent to score in the paint.
Edwards has had a sensational year. She’s proven herself to be one of the best in the country.

However, Brink has become a pretty good defender outside the immediate paint and her presence alters a lot of shots. Reese isn’t exactly a defensive star on the level of Edwards but has had a terrific season herself on the boards and in scoring.

The NPOY will likely be Clark. I do expect the three mentioned here to be on the WBCA team.

Reaction Score
Edwards has had a sensational year. She’s proven herself to be one of the best in the country.

However, Brink has become a pretty good defender outside the immediate paint and her presence alters a lot of shots. Reese isn’t exactly a defensive star on the level of Edwards but has had a terrific season herself on the boards and in scoring.

The NPOY will likely be Clark. I do expect the three mentioned here to be on the WBCA team.
Reese is averaging more steals and blocks per game than Edwards in basically the same MPG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom