Postgame presser/interview | The Boneyard

Postgame presser/interview

Reaction Score
Just watched Geno postgame presser and interviews with Lou and Pheesa. Seems like even Lou and Pheesa are a bit lost as to why the team continues to struggle, and it sounds like they are not getting done in practice what they should. They look more down than mad.

Reaction Score
Tough interview for Lou for sure. I can only imagine how she must have been feeling just minutes after that game wrapped up. Coach was clearly exasperated, too. That's probably the least insightful I've ever found him to be over the course of a full 16-minute stretch, although as usual he did manage to fire off a few good jokes.

However, the last half of Phee's interview was a real gem for anyone wanting to understand the current state of this team and some of the levers they need to pull if they want to improve going forward. I'd suggest watching her third, after listening to the other two.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno -- I think he told you everything you need to know.

Lou -- I made a what I thought was an innocuous comment about Lou on the 2000 point celebration thread and got accosted for it. I would have preferred to see her mad here - I didn't get any sense of that.

Pheesa -- honest, no excuses, accepted responsibility for the senior leadership vacuum, only one thing missing -- when asked about the coach and team having "no go to player" (which is now a common question and theme) ---I would have liked to hear say " Yes we do"

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Just watched Geno postgame presser and interviews with Lou and Pheesa. Seems like even Lou and Pheesa are a bit lost as to why the team continues to struggle, and it sounds like they are not getting done in practice what they should. They look more down than mad.
Lou needs to look into her own game to find the answer.

Reaction Score
I agreed with most of Geno's post game comments--not all. In the 3rd and 4th quarter something, someone had to put the team on her back because they looked BAD. Geno kinda kick CW under the bus for her heroics in trying to score when no one was--slap her hand not her head. Great players see when something thas to be done--and try to do it. That is CW/
The team was out of sync---there were two coaches responsible for that --and both were at this game.
Walz had his higher than a kite for this game--played hard, played physical, played a bit dirty, and it worked.
Geno obviously at this point, in this season, does not have the race horse he needs--where are they??? I'd make another million if I knew that answer (I got my first from Danny).. Geno is confused, the team is confused, the fans are confused---who the hell is running this boat??

Reaction Score
Geno's interviews are refreshing. Never sugarcoats anything, which is commendable.

Reaction Score
I believe another tthing missing is that the two seniors are not making the other players better, as Stewie, D, Maya, etc. did.
What do you want them to do exactly?? Pheesa is 2nd in assists & Lou is 3rd. They both require so much attention that them just being on the floor makes the others better. Keep in mind CW & MW have less assists on the year COMBINED than our starting senior center. They need to step up a little bit instead of pointing the finger at our only AAs on the roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom