Portal Prognostications | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Portal Prognostications

Reaction Score
You’re kidding right? You think Hurley values Mahaney over Diarra? As others have said I think Hass is debating the extra year. I hope he comes back. We could use his leadership. I don’t think there’s any way Danny would take Aidan at Diarra‘s expense. Both would have big roles on next year‘s team.
If he’s coming back he doesn’t need to do anything does he? He has the year. He can come back or just leave.

Reaction Score
You’re kidding right? You think Hurley values Mahaney over Diarra? As others have said I think Hass is debating the extra year. I hope he comes back. We could use his leadership. I don’t think there’s any way Danny would take Aidan at Diarra‘s expense. Both would have big roles on next year‘s team.
I think Diarra fits a perfect role for Danny. The question is if Hassan is happy with that role. In no way is it either or with Diarra and Mahaney.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It would be extremely dumb for him not to put out anything about coming back. Best case it inspires some NIL merch purchases, worst case nothing happens.

Reaction Score
Aren‘t we needing 2 experienced point guards plus Solo?
yeah was hoping for diarra, nowell, AND another capable ball handler like mahaney

Reaction Score
It would be extremely dumb for him not to put out anything about coming back. Best case it inspires some NIL merch purchases, worst case nothing happens.
Who’s to say he won’t? The guys saying he told the staff are NIL guys. That wasn’t pulled out of thin air. We’re freaking out because he hasn’t announced yet? Hurley hasn’t been in contact with one transfer portal pg. Maybe it’s because ya know…..Diarra told him he’s coming back. It’s a loooong summer.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Who’s to say he won’t? The guys saying he told the staff are NIL guys. That wasn’t pulled out of thin air. We’re freaking out because he hasn’t announced yet? Hurley hasn’t been in contact with one transfer portal pg. Maybe it’s because ya know…..Diarra told him he’s coming back. It’s a loooong summer.
Nobody is freaking out.

Reaction Score

I guess when you explain that the options are maybe some people buying headband shirts or in the alternative absolutely nothing happening it is extremely dumb that he hasn’t put out a statement.

Reaction Score
how's this for a prognostication.

Mahaney is visiting this week and the deadline to enter the portal is next wednesday 5/1. Hurley will give Mahaney until then to commit. If he commits, then Diarra enters the portal. If he does not commit, then Diarra stays.

i didnt think it was an either/or with Mahaney and Diarra, but at this point what is Diarra waiting for other than to see what Mahany does?
@Huskyforlife this was quite a ridiculous conclusion to arrive at.

Reaction Score
Hass’ defensive skills when he was put in helped turn games completely around in short order. Who replaces that?

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I think Diarra fits a perfect role for Danny. The question is if Hassan is happy with that role. In no way is it either or with Diarra and Mahaney.
Diarra was huge in the Illinois games! While the UConn starters besides Clingan were sputtering on offense in the first half Diarra came in and made key plays on offense and defense both. And then 30-0 happened. But he was a big reason UConn had the first half lead. I sure hope he is returning.

Reaction Score
There has been absolutely zero smoke to Diarra transferring. The one who has been noted as a potential portal-er, depending on who we transfer in, is Ball.

Reaction Score

Zags blurb from today says “The Huskies plan to return Hassan Diarra and Samson Johnson and freshmen Solo Ball, Jaylin Stewart and Jayden Ross as the core going forward.”

But zags is known to copy/paste from his previous blurbs

My biggest takeaway here is we're not expecting Alex back post NBA workouts. Secondarily, wonder if we're take this to mean Singare is on the outs?

Reaction Score
My biggest takeaway here is we're not expecting Alex back post NBA workouts. Secondarily, wonder if we're take this to mean Singare is on the outs?
i just skimmed the article at first and also missed this quote from Hurley

"We’re excited about some of the young players that we’ve got coming back. We’re excited about Hassan and Samson Johnson, two key players from last year’s team, coming back.”

but again idk when hurley said this

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
good observation re. Singare. i just skimmed the article at first and also missed this quote from Hurley

"We’re excited about some of the young players that we’ve got coming back. We’re excited about Hassan and Samson Johnson, two key players from last year’s team, coming back.”

Let's end this now. Few restrictions on this site but speculation of this nature is not permitted.

Reaction Score
i just skimmed the article at first and also missed this quote from Hurley

Says in the article that Zagoria spoke to Hurley over Zoom last week.

“I think for us, we want to keep intact obviously as much as the roster as we can to obviously hold on to a championship culture with people that know what it’s all about,” Hurley told ZAGSBLOG during a Zoom last week to promote his partnership with Bai WonderWater.

Reaction Score
Says in the article that Zagoria spoke to Hurley over Zoom last week.

“I think for us, we want to keep intact obviously as much as the roster as we can to obviously hold on to a championship culture with people that know what it’s all about,” Hurley told ZAGSBLOG during a Zoom last week to promote his partnership with Bai WonderWater.
between 6-12 days ago is not exactly breaking news. typical zags.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom