Poor Johnnies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poor Johnnies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing about St Johns, when the right type of weed is in town they are awful on the court.

Guess the street was dry before the Cuse game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mullin is going to find out this is harder than he thought. Houston tried this approach with Clyde Drexler, and it didn't work. Being a great player, and being a gym rat doesn't automatically mean you can coach. The number of successful coaches who were great players is small, especially in college. John Wooden comes to mind. Can you think of any more?
Bingo.

When I heard Mullin was taking the job my first thought was Drexler returning to Houston.

Reaction Score
Mullin is going to find out this is harder than he thought. Houston tried this approach with Clyde Drexler, and it didn't work. Being a great player, and being a gym rat doesn't automatically mean you can coach. The number of successful coaches who were great players is small, especially in college. John Wooden comes to mind. Can you think of any more?
Donavan,and Alford

Reaction Score

Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
UPDATE: Wiley College > Southwestern Assemblies of God +3 > Jarvis Christian College > University of Science and Arts +11 > Our Lady of the Lake +8 > Incarnate Word + 1> St. John's +21 > Syracuse +11 > UConn +2 > Ohio State +15 > Kentucky +6

Reaction Score
I love KO. More than many if not most here. But a journeyman, essentially by definition, is not "great."
Exactly! Neither Donovan or Alford are even close to being on the same level as Mullin. Mullin was a superior player at the highest level, and Drexler was an elite player at that level. The few star players who have excelled as coaches have done it at the NBA level. Lenny Wilkens, Rudy T, Bill Sharman. I'm struggling to think of even one guy who had one of those careers where he made one or two all star games, came back to college, and was very successful, let alone any elite players who did this.

Not saying that Mullin will fail, but he's got his work cut out for him.

Reaction Score
UPDATE: St Thomas of Houston +5>Wiley College> Southwestern Assemblies of God +3 > Jarvis Christian College > University of Science and Arts +11 > Our Lady of the Lake +8 > Incarnate Word + 1> St. John's +21 > Syracuse +11 > UConn +2 > Ohio State +15 > Kentucky +6

Reaction Score
Incarnate Word and NJIT in consecutive games - wow, just wow. The Big East is loaded.

Reaction Score
They weren't expected to compete this year. But I think after they beat Syracuse they thought mission was accomplished. Embarrassing for the program and for the Big East which currently has four top 15 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom