Poll: More 3’s Akok or Whaley

Who will make more 3’s this year?

• Akok

Votes: 115 52.8%
  • Whaley

Votes: 103 47.2%

• Total voters

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He has the skill to put it on the floor and score from 15 feet in. More excited about that than the 3's.

Akok is long, so if he gets into the lane on the bounce his length puts him in a really good position to score. The question is: is Akok thick enough to absorb contact down low once he gets there?

All the guys look like they added some girth in the offseason, that would help in going to the hole.

Reaction Score
The Akok of the last 2 years did not have the handles or strength to be a slasher. If he's added that to his arsenal that would be amazing.

Reaction Score
The Akok of the last 2 years did not have the handles or strength to be a slasher. If he's added that to his arsenal that would be amazing.
based on the D he played against whaley and sanogo in the open scrimmage it sounds like he's really beefed up. to the point where i think he'll split his mins b/w PF and C and i never thought he'd be strong enough to play as a 5.

i'm now hoping he gets all whaley and sanogo's leftover minutes at either spot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Whaley by far unless he gets hurt. Akok will be fighting for minutes not 3s

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm really concerned about the hate akok might get when he doesn't meet any of these offensive expectations. There's just no evidence he can do efficient scoring of any kind as of right now. Let alone create a shot consistently.

Reaction Score
Akok looked aggressive on offensive put backs ....knocked down a 3....Keep up the hardwork AA!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I love me a prop bet like this one. Thanks for sharing! I'll have this bet in mind when I'm reading the stats all year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If Akok has fewer it’ll be a product of minutes played. Akok will have more 3PM per minute and is a better shooter. People are swearing Whaley is a better shooter because he’s done a good job keeping people honest when they were 10 ft off him. He’s not knocking down threes with ppl anywhere near him, which he doesn’t need to, but to compare that to the type of 3s the staff wants Akok shooting is not apples to apples.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That was a tough game for the Whaley over 3 attempts per game crowd. One game, but he wasn't looking for the shot.

Reaction Score
Akok I cant wait and see how this season pans out for him., he is our XFactor....At one point when recruiting him you would read he could be a one and done. Now he may be on the bench not getting any burn time. I hope this young man is healthy. A healthy Akok is going to knock down 3s and Whaley can not keep up with Akok in regard to shooting
I think he`ll be starting at some point.

Reaction Score
That was a tough game for the Whaley over 3 attempts per game crowd. One game, but he wasn't looking for the shot.

Every time he and Andre passed up a 3 I wanted to rip my hair out. What better time to get a few reps in than vs CCSU up 50? Particularly when the coach has said he WANTS these guys to be shooting!

Reaction Score
Akok - 3
Whaley - 0

Only 2 games in but this one doesn't look like it's going to be close at the end of the season. Akok is a more natural shooter and gets in position to shoot them. So far Whaley looks a little lost out there on the perimeter. And as others have pointed out Akok just fits better at the 4 in this line up. Whaley will be valuable this season but if Akok really is 100% healthy I think he will be more valuable.

Reaction Score
We are a defensive team first and foremost. Whaley hedging and stripping the ball on screens is best in basketball. He was defensive player of the year in big East. He will play in big games. His offense is what it is. Akok will still play a lot and get his.

Reaction Score
We’ve got a ballgame now, folks!!
Whaley has a sweet stroke when open. He needs to shoot more but we also have to give him the ball when defenses collapse on our drivers and post player(Sanogo).

Reaction Score
i was wrong. changed my vote.
Nvm I was right the first time. But then again maybe I’m a Hypocrite for overreacting to one game, again.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Bumping this thread as yesterday Whaley passed Akok in three's made, 14 to 13. Whaley looked as confident shooting yesterday as he has maybe his entire career. Love to see it.
He does look better and this will allow Sanogo to go 1v1 down low.

I feel bad for Akok. Hoping he gets healthy and can comeback and make a big positive impact for us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom