Point Disparities | The Boneyard

Point Disparities

Reaction Score
As of 5:30p Pacific time of the 21 completed games (Nov 27) ONLY TWO were decided by 9 points or less. The other 19 were blowouts. The Iowa- Cinn game was a single digit affair (9 point differential) that I still turned off due to poor quality play. I love WCBB but some of these teams are not watchable this time of year. Thank goodness as soon as I see a few clunkers a great game rolls around and reels me back in.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
There isn't enough depth of talent. We need more encouragement for girls to play sports and better coaching depth at the prep and AAU level. That's why there are so many more upsets in MBB.

Reaction Score
There isn't enough depth of talent. We need more encouragement for girls to play sports and better coaching depth at the prep and AAU level. That's why there are so many more upsets in MBB.
Agree but we are getting there, more and more talented players coming up from the high school/AAU level. WBB needs to increase its appeal to young ladies, my opinion nationally televised games between elite teams is needed if WBB is to continue to grow.

Reaction Score
Sadly, HS girls BB participation has declined by 10% in the last decade. It's declining faster than tackle football(!). In that same span, volleyball is up 12% and soccer 14%,

I have my own theory as to why: HS sports are getting expensive. Most schools now charge for participation - in my home town, it's $150/sport. Plus players are increasingly expected to join youth teams, which are not cheap. Basketball is particularly popular with the poorer demographic - and I think these kids are getting squeezed out by the cost. Boys basketball is also down about 1% - I imagine that families are a little more willing to spend to get their boys into sports than their girls.

That's just my gut feel, partly based on the statistics and partly based on what I saw as my kids went through school with a large "disadvantaged" population.

Source:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom