Plenty of Tickets Available | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Plenty of Tickets Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe the XL Center will be packed. I have seen that tickets were selling good in the past few days and that student tickets were in high demand. It will be rocking and it will be a great game.

Reaction Score
Anyone else thinking the attendance will be a disappointment tomorrow? Seems like ticketmaster has a large number of tickets left. Amore also stated plenty of tickets available.
I just looked up tix. They want $40 for 2nd level-Row 21 in the corner. ummmm. no thanks. I'll watch it on tv. and those were BEST available
Just sayin.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Even with an undersized Gampel UConn was consistently top 20 in attendance through 06-07 then dropped out of the top 25 haven't seen it since. Last year we averaged 11,500 for all home games, or about 150 less per game than the 30th place team.

In years we had a known contender we moved up a few spots top 15ish, and the anticipated rebuilding year following a title, we dropped a few spots top 23ish. So, the fair weather factor isn't much of one.

The drop post 06-07 is clear, why is anyone's guess. But, it's not about the quality of the team.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
It's about ticket sales and tv ratings. Epsn ratings will always be fine, especially when the #1 team plays us . I respect this team more than anyone, which is why I'm saying people need to go and support them. Not sure where your anger is coming from lol

I suggest that everyone buys tickets for the game and then watches it at home. Nothing says die hard like boosting ticket sales and TV viewer ship at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
It's gotta be money.

Just watch the games from a decade ago on SNY.

You'll see plenty of fans wearing white shirts during whiteout games in the primo seats. You don't see that anymore.

That's gotta mean a different class of fan.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just looked up tix. They want $40 for 2nd level-Row 21 in the corner. ummmm. no thanks. I'll watch it on tv. and those were BEST available
Just sayin.
There are still singles available in the lower level. I am going with a couple who are husband and wife and we are all sitting separately in the 100s rather than together in the 200s. None of us minds watching the game solo; it usually allows me to focus better. We get together before, during and after, but during live action we're just sitting in different sections. Just sayin.

Reaction Score
Given that the cheapest tickets on Stubhub are now basically in the 60's I am thinking this is a pretty hot ticket.

Reaction Score
We have a great fan base - just watch ESPN Classic or SNY's replays of old Big East games. Something happened in the mid 2000's where our attendance fell off of a cliff - both for men and women. It's Malcolm Gladwell "Tipping Point" type stuff. I'm curious to know what it could have been.

Reaction Score
Just sayin.
Oh my God, 40 dollars! That's outrageous!

Reaction Score
Oh my God, 40 dollars! That's outrageous!

To be fair, it's not like you just pay the ticket price with Ticketmaster. I really do want to tell them to go duck themselves every time I buy a ticket from them.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it's not like you just pay the ticket price with Ticketmaster. I really do want to tell them to go duck themselves every time I buy a ticket from them.
Can you buy the same tickets at the box office ticketmaster has?

Reaction Score
Can you buy the same tickets at the box office ticketmaster has?

I believe so, but I live in New Haven so one has to consider the inconvenience of driving 40 minutes in each direction to get the tickets. I mean, don't get me wrong -- I bought tickets for this game -- I'm just saying I want to punch Ticketmaster in the face repeatedly.

Reaction Score
I believe so, but I live in New Haven so one has to consider the inconvenience of driving 40 minutes in each direction to get the tickets. I mean, don't get me wrong -- I bought tickets for this game -- I'm just saying I want to punch Ticketmaster in the face repeatedly.
I just checked, you can still get lower level single tix for $39. pick up at will call.

Reaction Score
I just checked, you can still get lower level single tix for $39. pick up at will call.
There you go. I thought that might be the case. I won't buy from ticketmaster either. OK let's pack the place!!!

Reaction Score
I bought through stubhub and was sent rutgers tickets. Thankfully, stubhub resolved this and gave me tickets for tonight and waived the fees

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was using the Ticketmaster app and the only delivery option they offered was Ticketfast (i.e., print at home). Hate paying the fees, especially for three separate transactions. I definitely would have picked up at will call if I had thought to check for that option elsewhere.

Reaction Score
We have a great fan base - just watch ESPN Classic or SNY's replays of old Big East games. Something happened in the mid 2000's where our attendance fell off of a cliff - both for men and women. It's Malcolm Gladwell "Tipping Point" type stuff. I'm curious to know what it could have been.

The Lew Perkins model of moving tickets had a shelf life, and it expired in about 2001, and selling and moving tickets in the modern era was never really addressed until very recently by the athletic department. That same Lew model of selling tickets was used for football from 2003-2010, and still makes me want to kick Hathaway in the face. But that's all being fixed now too.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping to see a really good environment in the arena tonight. It's been a long time since I've seen the student section filled.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Can you explain a bit further? I just checked uconnhuskies.com and was referred to Ticketmaster, where single ticket was $33 + $6 = $39, but ticket was in Section 206. I may drive up anyway for this, but want to know if you got info elsewhere, or whether there's a better method for getting a single seat.

To anybody else: if I just drove to Hartford on a whim at the end of the day without a ticket, would box office or outside the building be an option? Any tips or cautions to offer?

Thanks in advance.

PS - I think my last Hartford game was Seton Hall 1993, when CBS didn't show the banner my sister & I made that mentioned having our Dad's tickets because he was recovering from Coronary Bypass Surgery.

Reaction Score
The Lew Perkins model of moving tickets had a shelf life, and it expired in about 2001, and selling and moving tickets in the modern era was never really addressed until very recently by the athletic department. That same Lew model of selling tickets was used for football from 2003-2010, and still makes me want to kick Hathaway in the face. But that's all being fixed now too.

Could you explain? I don't know the models.

Reaction Score
Can you explain a bit further? I just checked uconnhuskies.com and was referred to Ticketmaster, where single ticket was $33 + $6 = $39, but ticket was in Section 206. I may drive up anyway for this, but want to know if you got info elsewhere, or whether there's a better method for getting a single seat.

To anybody else: if I just drove to Hartford on a whim at the end of the day without a ticket, would box office or outside the building be an option? Any tips or cautions to offer?

Thanks in advance.

PS - I think my last Hartford game was Seton Hall 1993, when CBS didn't show the banner my sister & I made that mentioned having our Dad's tickets because he was recovering from Coronary Bypass Surgery.

To answer your question, it absolutely is a possibility. You'll find a handful of guys outside the main doors plus I'm sure there will be seats available at the window.

Reaction Score

Thanks in advance.

There are 6 guys always out there buying/selling. I have also found success going to box office and asking if they had anything left or returned as well. If you walk in at the Trumbull street entrance accros from Pratt st and next to Hartford 21 you will see them. I have never had a problem with the scalpers, besides the fact they are a pain in the ass to negotiate price with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom