Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
every time i'm ready to log off the portal sucks me back in. jk. really liked watching her this season. a shooter shooter with size. I thought her and Barker were gonna continue to do their thing at Alabama. Kinda bummed about them potentially splitting up.

My thing is, is this like an Alabama social media faux pas. I guess the 5th year is new territory for everyone.

Reaction Score

My thing is, is this like an Alabama social media faux pas. I guess the 5th year is new territory for everyone.

Not everyone. This applies primarily to the 2020 class using their COVID year or those who have a redshirt for a specific reason.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thanks--added Iriafen. I don't think Wolfenbarger/Diew are top transfers so I didn't include them.
Wait, what? You listed Caitlyn Weimar, Boston (originally Marist State) who played at a low D1 school which both Wolfenbarger and Diew played better competition and were higher ranked out of HS. Also, it’s not “Boston” but Boston University and Marist State is not the school, it’s simply Marist or Marist College (it’s in Poughkeepsie NY) and in the MAAC with Fairfield. Little things matter….

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Anyone hearing anything about Laila Phelia's destination? I see her Instagram account has her following some Texas and LSU players/coaches and vice versa.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Anyone hearing anything about Laila Phelia's destination? I see her Instagram account has her following some Texas and LSU players/coaches and vice versa.

Looks like Laila Phelia is currently on a visit to Texas.

Reaction Score
Looks like Laila Phelia is currently on a visit to Texas.
Do you think her style of play fits Coach Schaefer's dribble drive offence? She's had to be a PG out of necessity. Would be interesting to see her play more off the ball. Defensively, I can see her fitting in very nicely.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Do you think her style of play fits Coach Schaefer's dribble drive offence? She's had to be a PG out of necessity. Would be interesting to see her play more off the ball. Defensively, I can see her fitting in very nicely.

With Shaylee Gonzales graduating, the starting shooting guard spot is (technically) open.

I honestly have never seen her play (where I paid attention). From the highlights I just watched, she seems like a very physical and aggressive scorer who's not afraid of contact as she drives the lane, and can score from all 3 areas. Texas needs more offense, specifically long-range shooting, but if she can create her own shot and has a good overall scoring arsenal, I'll take it.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wait, what? You listed Caitlyn Weimar, Boston (originally Marist State) who played at a low D1 school which both Wolfenbarger and Diew played better competition and were higher ranked out of HS. Also, it’s not “Boston” but Boston University and Marist State is not the school, it’s simply Marist or Marist College (it’s in Poughkeepsie NY) and in the MAAC with Fairfield. Little things matter….
Feel free to make your own list if you disagree with who I include

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Feel free to make your own list if you disagree with who I include
How about at least getting the schools right….because that I will disagree with

Reaction Score
Recently saw a brag online that TN didn't have any players in the portal, so ...

Wonder if Puckett will be following. Recall they played on the same AAU team. Possibly high school too, but not sure on that.

Reaction Score
Its silly to brag on something like that in the middle of April.

And it's not like they had a championship caliber roster. The more departures the faster the new coach can implement her system. I believe they are down to 9 scholarship players right now (if Wells takes her Covid year), so ample portal room.
With her uptempo style, I'd think anyone who's not particularly athletic will be out the door.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its silly to brag on something like that in the middle of April.
The portal champ discussion is one of my favorite boneyard past times. Looking forward to it this year. As funny as I find it, and I know it drives ppl crazy, in retrospect it's not that crazy. In pro sports there are like front office awards

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The portal champ discussion is one of my favorite boneyard past times. Looking forward to it this year. As funny as I find it, and I know it drives ppl crazy, in retrospect it's not that crazy. In pro sports there are like front office awards

Congratulations to those teams that raise portal champions banners in recent years. Texas and Tennessee among the notables.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom