Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 52 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Iriafen is from Los Angeles. I'm guessing she stays in California and chooses UCLA or USC
Could be the case. My guess is she'll want to play for a title contender her last year and both UCLA/USC fit the bill with her in the lineup.

Reaction Score
The University tried everything they could. The rest of the conference all split and no P4 conferences wanted OSU. What were they supposed to do?

Yes, of course UConn and Oregon St. are 2 completely different entities when it comes to wbb, I do realize that.

edit--no P4 conference wanting you IS something UConn fans can identify with, right?
Definitely.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Looks like LSU Coach Mulkey weighed in on Hailey Van Lith's decision to hit the transfer portal:
(from a USA Today article which I've cut and pasted and attached)

"Speaking at the team's end-of-year banquet, coach Kim Mulkey elaborated on that decision.

“'Her aspirations were to get drafted this year,” Mulkey said, per nola.com, “and she realized, ‘I need another year, and I need to go back to a place where I can relax and get back to my normal position. And what do you do? You hug her, and you wish her well.'”

Who knows that "normal" position? Well, former Lousiville asst. Sam Purcell, now head coach for Mississippi State, is hosting Ms. Hailey Van Lith this weekend. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Looks like LSU Coach Mulkey weighed in on Hailey Van Lith's decision to hit the transfer portal:
(from a USA Today article which I've cut and pasted and attached)

"Speaking at the team's end-of-year banquet, coach Kim Mulkey elaborated on that decision.

“'Her aspirations were to get drafted this year,” Mulkey said, per nola.com, “and she realized, ‘I need another year, and I need to go back to a place where I can relax and get back to my normal position. And what do you do? You hug her, and you wish her well.'”

Who knows that "normal" position? Well, former Lousiville asst. Sam Purcell, now head coach for Mississippi State, is hosting Ms. Hailey Van Lith this weekend. Stay tuned.

In other words “I failed her”

Jim

Reaction Score
Iriafen coming to UConn is probably a long shot, but consider this. This young lady has the opportunity to play for both Tara and Geno, the two winningest WBB coaches of all time. A unique opportunity indeed.

Reaction Score
And THERE it is!
This wasn’t a shock or a break the internet because it had been widely rumored even before Vandeerveer’s retirement.

I think that was either a whole lot of nothing, or they heard a rumor about someone who changed their mind.

Reaction Score

Do we think this was the supposed “break the Internet news?”
Was Kiki prominent enough to earn that distinction?

I’m curious bc we yet to determine whether those folks had actual News or this was all garbage/hoax.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Amazing how this guy is proud of himself. All that his and others' "break the internet" tweets did was create rampant online speculation about players who were never considering entering the portal. Seems childish and irresponsible but I'm rather old-fashioned on what it means to have breaking news.

Reaction Score
Amazing how this guy is proud of himself. All that his and others' "break the internet" tweets did was create rampant online speculation about players who were never considering entering the portal. Seems childish and irresponsible but I'm rather old-fashioned on what it means to have breaking news.

Don't see it as being old fashioned. Maybe more principled is the way to frame it. There are ways where hype can be built without having to go in the direction this person did.

Reaction Score
If Kiki wants touches no one is better with showcasing posts than South Carolina. Big touches, winning. I'll even live with the roster headache.

Reaction Score
Per SF Chronicle:
Iriafen is in the portal with a “do not contact” marker, which typically indicates the player already knows where they are transferring to. One college basketball source told the Chronicle she was receiving offers upward of $700,000 in NIL money throughout the Stanford season from other collectives.

Gift Link: SF Chronicle story

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom