Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
This is interesting. Top 100 recruit who went to Belmont and was one of the top players in the MVC.
6'2" forward who is good shooter, rebounder, etc. I'm guessing she wants to prove herself on a P5 (or is P4?) stage.
She's from Tennessee? Join new regime at Tennessee? Head over to Va. Tech? Seems to have somewhat similar skill set to Justine Pissot at Vandy, but you never know.

Or she could migrate crosstown .... :)

Reaction Score
No news post. But another portal thus far ranking. Highly disagree with the order but it is interesting nonetheless

Reaction Score
This is interesting. Top 100 recruit who went to Belmont and was one of the top players in the MVC.
6'2" forward who is good shooter, rebounder, etc. I'm guessing she wants to prove herself on a P5 (or is P4?) stage.
She's from Tennessee? Join new regime at Tennessee? Head over to Va. Tech? Seems to have somewhat similar skill set to Justine Pissot at Vandy, but you never know.

Not to be argumentative, but in many ways Tessa is the opposite of Pissott. Justine does almost all her scoring beyond the arc and is almost reluctant to drive the ball, though she did do it more often as the season progressed at coach Ralph's insistence. It's still a work in progress.

Miller, on the other hand, does almost all her business in the paint. She occasionally scores around the free-throw line, but the overwhelming majority of her points come right around the basket. She works really hard and has some shifty moves, but she is not a leaper. I have a hard time seeing her thriving on the court at a P5 school. Maybe one of the mid- to low-range Big East teams. Her former front court teammate Madison Bartley, who I felt had more overall talent, transferred to Baylor last season and played very little in Waco.

That's not to say it would be a mistake for Tennessee to take her. She's from a small town not that far from Knoxville (Crossville). She's a great kid, an outstanding student in pre-law and has a stellar attitude and work ethic. She would be a positive presence in Knoxville, but I don't think she would help them very much on the floor against SEC teams.

Belmont is second only to Vandy on the list of teams I follow. The portal has really hurt them the past two years, but they overcame it pretty well this season, thanks in large part to Tessa Miller. She will certainly be missed.

This is much more than you wanted to know about her, but I'm a fan, and thought it might be worthwhile to talk about her.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not to be argumentative, but in many ways Tessa is the opposite of Pissott. Justine does almost all her scoring beyond the arc and is almost reluctant to drive the ball, though she did do it more often as the season progressed at coach Ralph's insistence. It's still a work in progress.

Miller, on the other hand, does almost all her business in the paint. She occasionally scores around the free-throw line, but the overwhelming majority of her points come right around the basket. She works really hard and has some shifty moves, but she is not a leaper. I have a hard time seeing her thriving on the court at a P5 school. Maybe one of the mid- to low-range Big East teams. Her former front court teammate Madison Bartley, who I felt had more overall talent, transferred to Baylor last season and played very little in Waco.

That's not to say it would be a mistake for Tennessee to take her. She's from a small town not that far from Knoxville (Crossville). She's a great kid, an outstanding student in pre-law and has a stellar attitude and work ethic. She would be a positive presence in Knoxville, but I don't think she would help them very much on the floor against SEC teams.

Belmont is second only to Vandy on the list of teams I follow. The portal has really hurt them the past two years, but they overcame it pretty well this season, thanks in large part to Tessa Miller. She will certainly be missed.

This is much more than you wanted to know about her, but I'm a fan, and thought it might be worthwhile to talk about her.
Good to hear from a Belmont supporter. I don't mind being challenged/corrected if I'm off-base. But your information also brings up other questions.
  • Who else recruited Tessa Miller? Did she get interest from SEC/ACC schools?
  • I didn't articulate my comparison well. I'm aware Miller is primarily an internal player -- kind of a Liz Karlen -- whereas Pissot has become almost a one-trick bomber from the player I saw/scouted in high school in New Jersey. Does a Vandy want to have players who are , for wont of a better phrase, somewhat one-dimensional in their offensive approaches? (There, that's better....;) )
  • I'm familiar with Madison Bartley and was a bit surprised she didn't get more of a chance at Baylor. Bartley, btw, was a high school teammate of ND's own Maddy Westbeld.
  • So, if you don't think Miller is P5 ready, why would she even bother transferring? See no reason to go to a Big East where none of her family could see her. I watched Marshall and the new coach likes to play in waves. Maybe Miller could be part of one of them? Or, could she bridge the gap for new coaches at Clemson, Miami or Va. Tech?
Gosh knows Wake Forest could use some help.

Thanks for the scouting report and I hope this move works out for her. And that Bartley gets to see the court next year in Waco.

-

Reaction Score
Purely coincidental but most of us have been waiting for news since this was posted yesterday.

IMG_2667.jpeg

Reaction Score
Good to hear from a Belmont supporter. I don't mind being challenged/corrected if I'm off-base. But your information also brings up other questions.
  • Who else recruited Tessa Miller? Did she get interest from SEC/ACC schools?
  • I didn't articulate my comparison well. I'm aware Miller is primarily an internal player -- kind of a Liz Karlen -- whereas Pissot has become almost a one-trick bomber from the player I saw/scouted in high school in New Jersey. Does a Vandy want to have players who are , for wont of a better phrase, somewhat one-dimensional in their offensive approaches? (There, that's better....;) )
  • I'm familiar with Madison Bartley and was a bit surprised she didn't get more of a chance at Baylor. Bartley, btw, was a high school teammate of ND's own Maddy Westbeld.
  • So, if you don't think Miller is P5 ready, why would she even bother transferring? See no reason to go to a Big East where none of her family could see her. I watched Marshall and the new coach likes to play in waves. Maybe Miller could be part of one of them? Or, could she bridge the gap for new coaches at Clemson, Miami or Va. Tech?
Gosh knows Wake Forest could use some help.

Thanks for the scouting report and I hope this move works out for her. And that Bartley gets to see the court next year in Waco.

-
Good questions.

* Not sure who else recruited Tessa, but she has thrived at Belmont. As you probably know, the Bruins are good. They compete with and even defeat some P5 teams from time to time and made a near-seamless move from the OVC to the MVC. Still, sheer size and athleticism compared to top-tier P5 teams is a problem. Miller moved from power forward to post with Bartley's departure. She handled it well against most MVC posts, but would definitely need to be a forward in a P5 setting.

* Coach Ralph definitely isn't satisfied with one-dimensional players on offense. At one point this season, she said in a post-game press conference that she didn't care if a player can score, it they don't rebound and play defense, the won't play. I felt at the time it was obviously aimed at Pissott, Aga Makurat and Ryanne Allen. To her credit, Piissott, who just did not seem comfortable with the physicality of SEC play, did improve in those areas. They even started posting her up a little bit late in the season with somewhat mixed results. I fully expect that to continue and increase in frequency. She handles the ball well, but she has trouble shaking some of the defenders she faces. I look for a big leap from her next season if she puts in the work, which she seems willing to do.

* I really can't say what Tessa's motivation is for leaving. It could be she knows she has only one more year to play and just wants to experience it in a different place. Also, I don't mean to say she'd never see the floor at a P5 program, just that I don't see her playing nearly the type of role she plays at Belmont. She has a former teammate in Knoxville, so maybe that really is her destination. The Lady Vols need several players, and not all of them will be stars or starters even. They could certainly do worse in terms of a locker room presence. Wake and Clemson could also be interesting. She could wind up signing with an elite program. Bartley did. It just depends on what kind of role she is looking to play.

See, you got me started again. I miss talking basketball instead of the transfer portal, don't you?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Purely coincidental but most of us have been waiting for news since this was posted yesterday.

Yes, I know that. And I have also seen most of the "possibilities" that were posted here last night. And, still, here we sit and wait.
My post was only an attempt at some humor in light of the original post you referenced.

Reaction Score
Yes, I know that. And I have also seen most of the "possibilities" that were posted here last night. And, still, here we sit and wait.
My post was only an attempt at some humor in light of the original post you referenced.
Gotcha, but going the OJ route is kind of cringe for me.

Reaction Score
I apologize if I offended you, or anyone else. It was not my intention.
Hey. For one, I wasn't offended. Secondly, how are you supposed to know how I would react?

People enjoy dark humour. From what I've seen of the memes going viral, there are A LOT of them out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom