Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Jeez! And I just saw where Laila Phelia threw her name in the transfer portal.
Yup. The team loses two starters to graduation, now two to the portal. Not to mention an incoming transfer from last season (Taylor Williams) and their 2023 freshman (Taylor Woodson) are also in the portal. And a senior who has a COVID year available (Cameron Willard) opted for the portal.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

One of our posters ventured that Kieger wasn't going to go anywhere, unless perhaps her core player left. Well, that player is Kapinus. Should folks start looking at possibility that Coach Kieger might go home to Milwaukee and Marquette (if they want her)? I don't think one starter is left and the only name I recognize is Alli Campbell, who just off yet another serious injury.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of our posters ventured that Kieger wasn't going to go anywhere, unless perhaps her core player left. Well, that player is Kapinus. Should folks start looking at possibility that Coach Kieger might go home to Milwaukee and Marquette (if they want her)? I don't think one starter is left and any name I recognize Alli Campbell, who is just off yet another injury.
Good question. Something to watch.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Hey there. Just returned from a 4-day road trip where I've been checking in intermittently.

In regards to Kiki Iriafen -- if she is interested in taking a grad transfer year -- and Notre Dame:
  • Yes, three Stanford grads have gone on to Notre Dame; most recently -- and perhaps most effectively -- Maya Dodson.
  • Notre Dame has a history with Ms. Iriafen: ND was one of her top five or so schools at one point, so there was some mutual interest.

- Switching to another school and player in the transfer portal from what was a great PAC12 this year. ND also got to "semi-final" status with Timea Gardiner of Oregon State. In fact, Coach Ivey went out of her way to note that.

Since Maddy Westbeld didn't put her name into the draft consideration, ND fans are hoping that Maddy will be back at the forward position for the Irish next year. However, having a Kiki Iriafen or Timea Gardiner would be intriguing. (Especially with frosh post Kate Koval coming in...).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Yup. The team loses two starters to graduation, now two to the portal. Not to mention an incoming transfer from last season (Taylor Williams) and their 2023 freshman (Taylor Woodson) are also in the portal. And a senior who has a COVID year available (Cameron Willard) opted for the portal.
Whoa. Who will Syla Swords and Olivia Olsen play with?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
One of the Texas coaches started following Oregon State's Raegan Beers on Instagram earlier today; wonder if that means she has entered the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
Whoa. Who will Syla Swords and Olivia Olsen play with?
If we're talking starters it's Hobbs, and.........
Saying Goodbye Will Smith GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Curious about the report of $700,000 pay-to-play payments to WBB players. Was under the impression that the WBB amounts were much lower. Is there a validated or semi-validated example of a WBB player receiving $500k+ in NIL/pay-to-play?

Seriously. I feel like this is not being talked about enough. I'm happy for the players. These numbers are insane though, like in a 'I can't imagine being that young and going from one year playing ball for only on a scholarship, then a couple years later making truly life altering money' type of way . It almost feels fiscally irresponsible not to explore schools based on nil options. And it's all so secretive, which is how it should be I guess, since they are young kids at a college campus. I heard the 150k number for Liz Kitley and I thought it was cap. In retrospect it sounds like she woulda been kinda underpaid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the Texas coaches started following Oregon State's Raegan Beers on Instagram earlier today; wonder if that means she has entered the transfer portal.
I believe Texas and Baylor were her other finalists when she committed to OSU.

Weren’t Texas coaches and players following Quinerly last year when she wasn’t in the portal (or vice versa)? Not saying Beers won’t enter, but Goodman probably would’ve reported it by now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With everyone talking about an OSU exodus, might just be preemptive following

Reaction Score
One of our posters ventured that Kieger wasn't going to go anywhere, unless perhaps her core player left. Well, that player is Kapinus. Should folks start looking at possibility that Coach Kieger might go home to Milwaukee and Marquette (if they want her)? I don't think one starter is left and the only name I recognize is Alli Campbell, who just off yet another serious injury.
I’m among those who think she should consider a return to Milwaukee and Marquette. No tournament appearances at Penn State and now a rebuild ahead.

Reaction Score
Wow. That is a heavy hit for Michigan and with USC and UCLA, along with Washington and Oregon, coming to the Big Ten. This does not look good for Wolverine basketball. We shall see. Coach Barnes-Arico has a tough task ahead of her.

Reaction Score
9 players transferring from Kentucky

Certainly does make things easier for a coach to switch schools when you can overhaul your entire roster in 1-2 seasons.

RN they’ve got 2 returnees, 2 HS, and 2 VT transfers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's the list updated with more marquee names. Am I missing anyone?

Biggest names in portal at the moment IMO:
Saylor Poffenbarger, Arkansas
Taliah Scott, Arkansas
Emma Ronsiek, Creighton
Jalynn Bristow, Iowa State
Ajae Petty, Kentucky
Kateri Poole, LSU
Faith Masonius, Maryland
Cameron Williams, Michigan
Rikki Harris, Ohio State
Grace Van Slooten, Oregon
Chance Gray, Oregon
Talia von Oelhoffen, Oregon State
Kaitlyn Chen, Princeton
Charlisse Leger-Walker, Washington State
Deja Kelly, North Carolina
Timea Gardiner, Oregon State
KK Bransford, Notre Dame
Lucy Olsen, Villanova
Hailey Van Lith, LSU
Laila Phelia, Michigan
Janiah Barker, Texas A&M
Thanks for updating. I'm really not sure who the best player on this list is. But I do think like 10 of them could have a Paopao like effect and put a very good team over the top.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I believe Texas and Baylor were her other finalists when she committed to OSU.

Weren’t Texas coaches and players following Quinerly last year when she wasn’t in the portal (or vice versa)? Not saying Beers won’t enter, but Goodman probably would’ve reported it by now.

Thanks for that tidbit. I have to admit I never had known that Beers had considered Texas (and Baylor) out of high school seems like she committed to OSU in her junior year and one year before national signing day November 2021. I did a web search, and there is a pay article from the Albany (Oregon) Democrat-Herald Gazette from this past January:

Raegan Beers was highly recruited out of high school and considered Big 12 options at Baylor and Texas before committing to Oregon State.

And, yes, based on social media followings like one year ago, there was something going on with JJ Quinerly's Dad and Texas.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So w/ Hailey Van Lith and Velez leaving, we know (based on Mulkey's history) LSU is going to grab one of the blue-chip guards from the portal. Which one tho?

• Phelia
  • Gray
  • TVO
  • Deja Kelly
  • KK Bransford
Kelly's the best fit IMO. I know the Hailey Van Lith experiment failed, but going to LSU would give Deja a chance to show she can facilitate and improve on her awful shooting numbers (34.6% FG, 28.6% 3pt). Kim previously did a terrific job with 1 year grad transfers Te'a Cooper and Chloe Jackson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom