Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She did not go through Senior Day ceremonies. Taylor Jones, DeYona Gaston, and Shay Holle will return for their fifth seasons. Other than Shaylee Gonzales, all other Texas players had remaining eligibility.
Isn't Taylor out of eligibility? Or is the 2021-22 season considered a redshirt year for her due to playing just 9 games?

From 2 years ago: "A three-year starter and All-PAC 12 Conference honoree, Jones joins the Longhorns with two years of eligibility remaining."

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Isn't Taylor out of eligibility? Or is the 2021-22 season considered a redshirt year for her due to playing just 9 games?

From 2 years ago: "A three-year starter and All-PAC 12 Conference honoree, Jones joins the Longhorns with two years of eligibility remaining."

I'm going by the most recent comments / actions. Taylor Jones did not go through Senior Day ceremonies. Vic stated in a couple of press conferences over the last couple of months that "everyone except Shaylee Gonzales is eligible to return for next season". I think Taylor received a waiver for one season where she was injured.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm going by the most recent comments / actions. Taylor Jones did not go through Senior Day ceremonies. Vic stated in a couple of press conferences over the last couple of months that "everyone except Shaylee Gonzales is eligible to return for next season". I think Taylor received a waiver for one season where she was injured.
That'd be big for Texas. She's a solid post player.

Reaction Score
That'd be big for Texas. She's a solid post player.
I agree. I'm a fan. Would be bummed if she's done and her last tournament was riddled with concussion symptoms. On the other hand they do have Gaston and Muhammed and some underclassmen. So they do still have size.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, I'm really confused. Taylor Jones and Kennedy Brown entered Oregon St. at the same time. Both were at OSU 3 years but played 2 full seasons before transferring. Brown missed a full season, Jones played 9 games one year before shutting it down. Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought according to the Duke people Brown was done. Maybe she just decided to not use her 5th year. However you want to count it, Jones will be in her 6th year of college. I'm so ready for the extra covid year thing to just go away.

Reaction Score
Okay, I'm really confused. Taylor Jones and Kennedy Brown entered Oregon St. at the same time. Both were at OSU 3 years but played 2 full seasons before transferring. Brown missed a full season, Jones played 9 games one year before shutting it down. Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought according to the Duke people Brown was done. Maybe she just decided to not use her 5th year. However you want to count it, Jones will be in her 6th year of college. I'm so ready for the extra covid year thing to just go away.
From what I'm gleaning through this thread is that she may have had a medical redshirt somewhere.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
From what I'm gleaning through this thread is that she may have had a medical redshirt somewhere.
Right, but Brown should've been able to use a RS as well, and should also have another year available. So the question is if she decided not to use the extra year. For some reason though I thought it was determined Brown was out of eligibility. Which makes no sense because she didn't play part of a third season at OSU, while Jones did.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Right, but Brown should've been able to use a RS as well, and should also have another year available. So the question is if she decided not to use the extra year. For some reason though I thought it was determined Brown was out of eligibility. Which makes no sense because she didn't play part of a third season at OSU, while Jones did.

Her medical redshirt year was also the covid year. Bad luck, cause she really wanted to come back to Duke next season, but alas.

Reaction Score
I feel like at this point for Hailey, it’s less about a title and more about who can prepare her for the league.
I thought this was interesting especially just the first like 5 minutes. Sounds like she knows where she's gonna go. However not sure I agree with some of the things that the trainer was saying. I wish Hailey Van Lith the best of luck tho.

Reaction Score

With the way Hidalgo asserted herself this year and with Miles coming back next year, there won't be many free minutes at guard for them next year. Her finalists besides ND were UNC, UCLA, Arizona, and Michigan.

Reaction Score
I thought this was interesting especially just the first like 5 minutes. Sounds like she knows where she's gonna go. However not sure I agree with some of the things that the trainer was saying. I wish Hailey Van Lith the best of luck tho.

I get the vibe that this video was for views. The pic with the 4 schools…why would he be the one “announcing” her final choices. Not to mention all the digs at LSU. I don’t know, the beginning of the video was weird to me. The amount of things circling around the internet right now, I’m just going to wait till it comes from Hailey lol

Reaction Score

Happy Sunday morning to all.
This is interesting about Ms. Hailey Van Lith, but I don’t see her going to UConn or SCAR. Now, I could be wrong, but she may have better opportunities at NC State or Iowa.

Reaction Score
With the way Hidalgo asserted herself this year and with Miles coming back next year, there won't be many free minutes at guard for them next year. Her finalists besides ND were UNC, UCLA, Arizona, and Michigan.

I dunno ND seems to use a lot of 3 and 4 guard lineups.

Reaction Score
This is interesting about Ms. Hailey Van Lith, but I don’t see her going to UConn or SCAR. Now, I could be wrong, but she may have better opportunities at NC State or Iowa.
She can't go to UConn, we are presently full....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
@Vowelguy

Went into detail on this over on the ND thread. Yes, while ND does often go to a three- or even four-guard sets, the ceiling (starting minutes) had Olivia Miles, Hannah Hidalgo and Sonia Citron -- who are all linchpins for Coach Ivey -- while the floor was coming up tight, too, with Cass Prosper and Emma Risch returning from injury. Plus, Citron and Miles can play multiple positions.

With only two years left, I think KK Bransford was looking for some light in the court time issue.

Coach Ivey should see if there's someone who would be willing to split time in the portal, as Anna DeWolf was supposed to...but became a key starter. Good luck KK.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Here's an ND Insider article on KK Bransford entering the portal.
I've expounded/expanded on this in the ND thread.

It really doesn't address the issue on why KK entered the portal as your "insider" wording led us to believe. She averaged 25 min per game for 2 years and her points per game dropped this year from her freshman year. Other than that, it doesn't tell us anything we already didn't know-so much for an "insider"...We might have re-exmaine your value to us on this forum as our ND guy....:rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Ain't no way Van Lith is going to State. They are gonna have a top 3 backcourt in the country next season. No playing time available.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yep, Duke even appealed to the NCAA, but NCAA said no in Kennedy's situation.

Didn't that same type of rejected waiver/appeal for Maya Dodson after she transferred from Stanford to Notre Dame?

Reaction Score
It really doesn't address the issue on why KK entered the portal as your "insider" wording led us to believe. She averaged 25 min per game for 2 years and her points per game dropped this year from her freshman year. Other than that, it doesn't tell us anything we already didn't know-so much for an "insider"...We might have re-exmaine your value to us on this forum as our ND guy....:rolleyes:
Not an insider, but an ND fan. Niele needs a 3&D type player at the 2. Niele prefers having a 3-point threat as the starter, even if they are undersized (Mabrey and DeWolfe). That's why she never got the starting nod over either of them. With Miles coming back, she would spend another season coming off the bench, and probably less playing time because Prosper and Risch will be healthy. This was the best decision if she wants a lot of playing time and a bigger role.

I think she regressed this season because she dealt with an injury over the summer. Her freshman season she was a lot more explosive and get take bigs off the dribble. This year she went in the paint and got blocked more, and of course was inefficient as a jump shooter. Also I think she benefited more from Miles than Hannah as the recipient of passes.

I hope ND gets a 3&D guard with some size in the portal. Best of luck to KK, she was one of my favorite ND players. I thought she was a glue player for us that could pass well and defend.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It really doesn't address the issue on why KK entered the portal as your "insider" wording led us to believe. She averaged 25 min per game for 2 years and her points per game dropped this year from her freshman year. Other than that, it doesn't tell us anything we already didn't know-so much for an "insider"...We might have re-exmaine your value to us on this forum as our ND guy....

:rolleyes:
Yet, the very first line on the post noted I went into detail on the ND thread did ("Went into detail on this over on the ND thread"), but I guess you didn't see it or wanted one-stop shopping.

I posted that ND thought first thing and just attached this article here for general readers. If you want the "inside" ND stuff, you know where to go. ;)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom