Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It Reminds me of standing on the play ground with gym shorts and shirts waiting to be picked! Your day in the sun. Cream rises to the top. Our Lou… maybe she started this trend… bailing out our season and getting drafted into the WNBA!
I have no idea what you are replying, sorry. But it's not a big deal.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tess Heal out of Santa Clara, another team leading scorer.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what you are replying, sorry. But it's not a big deal.
Funny because I replied to your post. The portal, all the ”best” people lining up to be picked. Lou was I believe Fairfield”s best player.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Oldacre was highly recruited out of high school, IIRC

Her other finalists, per Raoul, were NC State, FSU and Tennessee.

A scan of the Miami stats page shows she and Lattimore were splitting time at the post position. Without Coach Meier, maybe she thought it time to move onto get another shot at either PT and/or development.

With all due respect, she's not particularly agile in her movement, but could anchor a team of fast-movers around her. NC State (River Baldwin is done) or FSU (who could use height).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She was a senior so I’m guessing this is more about getting a free masters degree elsewhere.
Coincides with Caitlyn Weimar, Boston University's leading scorer (and also a senior) entering the transfer portal.
Both players led their teams to the Patriot League finals two years running, so what is left to accomplish there?
Like you say, at the least, a (start to a) masters degree?

Weimar, at 6'4", is probably looking for a P5 platform to get "next-level" experience and see if she can go pro.
Power-Cassidy shot well while getting those 16+ ppg and she looked tough and composed against Iowa. If she wanted to move up to P5, she should expect a shift in what's expected out of her, much like, say, Anna DeWolfe when she went from Fordham to Notre Dame. (Now that I think about it, Power-Cassidy is Irish ;))

Reaction Score
Coincides with Caitlyn Weimar, Boston University's leading scorer (and also a senior) entering the transfer portal.
Both players led their teams to the Patriot League finals two years running, so what is left to accomplish there?
Like you say, at the least, a (start to a) masters degree?

Weimar, at 6'4", is probably looking for a P5 platform to get "next-level" experience and see if she can go pro.
Power-Cassidy shot well while getting those 16+ ppg and she looked tough and composed against Iowa. If she wanted to move up to P5, she should expect a shift in what's expected out of her, much like, say, Anna DeWolfe when she went from Fordham to Notre Dame. (Now that I think about it, Power-Cassidy is Irish ;))
Though unlike BU, Holy Cross is a pretty small school so limited post-graduate options.

Reaction Score
Though unlike BU, Holy Cross is a pretty small school so limited post-graduate options.

I should add, I’m probably biased.
During the patriot championship there was a feature on HCs team sumner trip to Ireland, and how her family was so welcoming to the team and it was so great for the players to see where their teammmatr came from. Very touching. I would hate to think she decided 9 months later that she didn’t want to be there anymore.
The free post graduate degree makes more sense to me.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I should add, I’m probably biased.
During the patriot championship there was a feature on HCs team sumner trip to Ireland, and how her family was so welcoming to the team and it was so great for the players to see where their teammmatr came from. Very touching. I would hate to think she decided 9 months later that she didn’t want to be there anymore.
The free post graduate degree makes more sense to me.
I saw that, too, and think Power-Cassidy has earned her undergrad degree from Holy Cross and is probably looking to subsidize that masters while getting another year of hoops. FWIW, Anna DeWolfe speaks fondly of her Fordham/New York City experience, but is garnering different education and experiences at Notre Dame.

As you noted, HC probably doesn't have that many grad programs, so it will be interesting to what school P-C chooses. (Weimar, too).

Reaction Score

Always liked her game. I wish this year counted as a red shirt for her as well.

Reaction Score

Always liked her game. I wish this year counted as a red shirt for her as well.

She's got options, but almost all of the viable ones are in the B1G. We'll see where she lands.

I think it's interesting that she didn't thank her coaches. Might be something to that.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She's got options, but almost all of the viable ones are in the B1G. We'll see where she lands.

I think it's interesting that she didn't thank her coaches. Might be something to that.
She's a metro-NYC kid who played for Saddle River Day in northern NJ; the kind that Kim Barnes-Arrico loves to have on her squad at Michigan. Lauren Hansen is done after one year and Paris is a better shooting version of Hansen.

If memory serves, she committed and then de-committed from Penn State. Might Carolyn Kieger still be interested?
Also had some interest in Indiana and Northwestern.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She's a metro-NYC kid who played for Saddle River Day in northern NJ; the kind that Kim Barnes-Arrico loves to have on her squad at Michigan. Lauren Hansen is done after one year and Paris is a better shooting version of Hansen.

If memory serves, she committed and then de-committed from Penn State. Might Carolyn Kieger still be interested?

Yes she committed to Penn State during COVID and visited there USC, Indiana, and UNC. Also almost committed to NC State.

I heard Maryland is interested but that could be 1 sided interest.

Reaction Score
Yes she committed to Penn State during COVID and visited there USC, Indiana, and UNC. Also almost committed to NC State.

I heard Maryland is interested but that could be 1 sided interest.
Maryland is desperate, but I could see her having a role there.

As for Penn State, new assistant coaching staff there now (including a recruiting coordinator with no apparent ties to PP).

Reaction Score

Do you mean as a replacement for Hansen? She's from the class of 2019 and I thought this was her COVID year.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Do you mean as a replacement for Hansen? She's from the class of 2019 and I thought this was her COVID year.
Hansen has used her Covid year, yes.
I could see Paris taking over that role for Michigan.

Reaction Score
Hansen has used her Covid year, yes.
I could see Paris taking over that role for Michigan.
I feel like they have some great guards coming in but Michigan would be cool. I also think Syracuse would be interesting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

From the Tar Hole Tribune

According to sources, Paris was cleared medically a few weeks ago but never was in uniform for a game. She didn’t practice with the team, although she warmed up with the Tar Heels some in Columbia, S.C., last weekend and practiced separately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom