Players Entering the WNBA - all deadlines | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Players Entering the WNBA - all deadlines

Reaction Score
It’s strange that there’s Still no word on Hailey Van Lith’s decision.

I’m sure she made it but no announcement yet.

Reaction Score
It’s strange that there’s Still no word on Hailey Van Lith’s decision.

I’m sure she made it but no announcement yet.
I was thinking she may be staying in college but really contemplating whether to transfer or not. May not want to make two announcements. Pure speculation on my part.

I was also thinking that may be the case with others as well like Ayoka Lee and Deja Kelly. Its got to be a tough decision.

Reaction Score
No Hailey Van Lith, Lee or Kelley. It'll be interesting to see if they enter the portal or stay with their team

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards not on that wnba list. Have I missed something?
Good question. No idea. Didn't see Nika's name either but don't remember if she declared she would.

Reaction Score
Very interesting to see Chanaya Pinto on there but no Makenna Marisa or Ashley Owusu--unless I'm missing something.
Good catch. I really wish Owusu could get another year. I know it would be year 6, and maybe she could just kill at a training camp but the last two years haven't really been full seasons for her.

Reaction Score
No Hailey Van Lith, Lee or Kelley. It'll be interesting to see if they enter the portal or stay with their team
With Hailey Van Lith moving on I think Lee is the big (literally) decision. She has had great success at Kansas State with a good but not great team, although they were getting close last year. She is probably considered a marginal pro prospect, like late first to mid second round range. Returning looks to be a good option, but she might seek out being in the limelight a little more with a big name championship contender too.

Kelley I see as more likely to return. I don't think she will be a successful WNBA player, and I can't see how another program would make much difference. She has an unusual game, great one on one mid-range game, but lacking a good three point shot. If anything I think UNC allowed her to do what she does best, and tailored the offense around her style. She might not find that at other schools IMO.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Ok sportsfans, I have no idea how many players from S Carolina or Iowa are still in play for the draft deadline, however as I understand, they have until 5 pm (ish) to declare, as that's 48 hrs from the end of the finals.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ok sportsfans, I have no idea how many players from S Carolina or Iowa are still in play for the draft deadline, however as I understand, they have until 5 pm (ish) to declare, as that's 48 hrs from the end of the finals.
This goes to show that you can't always believe Wikipedia
From the 2024 WNBA Draft article:
"A separate notification timetable is provided for players involved in postseason tournaments (most notably the NCAA Division I tournament); those players (normally) must declare for the draft within 24 hours of their final game."

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This goes to show that you can't always believe Wikipedia
From the 2024 WNBA Draft article:
"A separate notification timetable is provided for players involved in postseason tournaments (most notably the NCAA Division I tournament); those players (normally) must declare for the draft within 24 hours of their final game."
Yeah - I got sucked into wikipedia earlier on this. From the WNBA website:

What are other important dates to know about the Draft process?
Players not competing in Elite Eight have until April 1 to renounce remaining eligibility (two weeks before Draft). Any player competing in the Elite Eight or beyond has until 48 hours after the conclusion of their final game to renounce.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yeah - I got sucked into wikipedia earlier on this. From the WNBA website:

What are other important dates to know about the Draft process?
Players not competing in Elite Eight have until April 1 to renounce remaining eligibility (two weeks before Draft). Any player competing in the Elite Eight or beyond has until 48 hours after the conclusion of their final game to renounce.
Yup, that's where I checked on it too (WNBA website).

Reaction Score
South Carolina had three eligible players: Cardoso, Paopao, and Sakima Walker. Cardoso has declared for the draft. Paopao has decided to used her covid year at South Carolina. Walker is an unknown but she would not be drafted at her current skill level. The remaining players are underclassmen who are not eligible for the draft.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom