Players Entering the WNBA - all deadlines | The Boneyard

Players Entering the WNBA - all deadlines

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here's a separate thread for any players that announce for the WNBA starting today, to keep it separate from portal, covid years, etc. Today is the deadline for anyone that wasn't playing this past weekend, and also for anyone that participated in Saturday's games. Oregon St and Texas players have until tomorrow, and the losers of tonight's game have until Wednesday.

Note - I had all sorts of boo boos on my portal/NLI/WNBA draft chart in prior posts, so here it is again:

1711987912576.jpeg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you need to declare for the draft when your eligibility is used up. Can anybody help me understand this?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why you need to declare for the draft when your eligibility is used up. Can anybody help me understand this?
Probably makes it easier for the teams, so they know who is in the pool and not have to research every graduating senior in the very narrow window between now and the draft. Plus, especially now, it can be a hassle to figure out who has/hasnt used up their eligibility.

On the legal side, there may be stuff that prospective players need to agree to or be made aware of.

Reaction Score

Because there are players that have no eligibility and aren’t declaring

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I believe players have always had to 'declare' if they wanted to make their name eligible for the draft. It became more known due to the extra COVID year.

Reaction Score
The decision by Ayoka Lee and others in her position might be interesting. If she didn't declare for the W it would rule that out, but she still could pick between returning to Kansas State or entering the portal.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The decision by Ayoka Lee and others in her position might be interesting. If she didn't declare for the W it would rule that out, but she still could pick between returning to Kansas State or entering the portal.
KState returns most of their team except Gabby Gregory (maybe another) so i could definitely see Lee staying.

Reaction Score
You can choose to take 2 months off and then go overseas where it will pay better

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Today is the deadline to declare for the draft for USC players.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I must of missed it. What did Reese do?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Nothing announced as of yet.
ESPN was pushing that story Monday night. They made it sound like her decision was close to a deadline. Thanks for responding.

Reaction Score
ESPN was pushing that story Monday night. They made it sound like her decision was close to a deadline. Thanks for responding.

There's a post that she has until 10pm to decide.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Leave it to Angel to make her announcement through Vogue Magazine. Love her or hate her, she’s made quite the name for herself.

She definitely grew on me. I was hoping she would return to L$U cause i watch a ton more WCBB than WNBA. But you definitely should strike while the iron is hot (never quite understood what that really meant)

Reaction Score
She had nothing else to prove in college. It might also help her to be on a team where she's not the focal point. She was a lightning rod at LSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom