Player of the Match: Tyrese Martin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Player of the Match: Tyrese Martin

Reaction Score
Martin worked on his J. It shows. He is morphing into something more than a 3rd banana. Shows how starving we are for guys that can simply make shots. Glorious last 7 minutes for him.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
One development I would not have foreseen before this season was Tyrese becoming a reliable deep threat. He is now 42.9% from three this year, on almost 3 per game. More importantly, over these past few weeks, when he's taken a three in a crucial spot, I've almost always felt it was good.

At 53.4% his eFG% is currently better than Sanogo's!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He doesn't have the offensive game especially jump shot to ever reach Bouk's pedigree. He is junkyard dog in the mold of like Draymond Green but more athletic but not as strong. Remember Draymond Green is a great pass from the Forward position too.
No. He will likely never reach the Bouk level but he just seems to be a rough version of early Bouk.

Reaction Score
No. He will likely never reach the Bouk level but he just seems to be a rough version of early Bouk.
Bouk could score from all over, even as a freshman. The great thing about Andre is you never know how he might impact the game. Rebounds, a block, great pass, big breakaway dunk, pass into the third row...he is must see TV.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think Martin, Zay and Ajax all have legitimate claims to the POG title from today. To me though, it's Isaiah. In addition to the across the board numbers in the stat sheet, Zay stopped Champagnie in his tracks numerous times.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20220214-071604.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One development I would not have foreseen before this season was Tyrese becoming a reliable deep threat. He is now 42.9% from three this year, on almost 3 per game. More importantly, over these past few weeks, when he's taken a three in a crucial spot, I've almost always felt it was good.

To put it in perspective as to how important Tyrese was yesterday with 17 points in the second half... Cole, Sanogo, Polley, Hawkins and Gaffney shot a combined 11 for 44 yesterday, and UConn still won. Honorable mention to Whaley and Jackson for all their contributions.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

I didn’t foresee him being such a vocal leader. He’s clearly the most popular player with the team on social media, they all seem to look up to him. Yesterday I saw him running a huddle, getting on Sanogo when he’s not passing out of doubles, getting the bench involved, playing an air guitar. Love it.

Reaction Score
I didn’t foresee him being such a vocal leader. He’s clearly the most popular player with the team on social media, they all seem to look up to him. Yesterday I saw him running a huddle, getting on Sanogo when he’s not passing out of doubles, getting the bench involved, playing an air guitar. Love it.
Despite the warts, I love Andre Jackson as a player. When it clicks, look out. He figured out how to shoot a decent % on 3's despite not having a shot. When he realizes how physically dominant he can be going to the hole, he is going to put so much pressure on the defense. His handle has improved, now he needs to trust it and start taking his man off the dribble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom