Play-In Games Thread | The Boneyard

Play-In Games Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Figured a thread was needed.

I do not like Pitt tonight. Miss St. is a horrible offensive team, but they rebound and defend the perimeter well. Federiko has a knee boo-boo and is a game time decision. Pitt's other bigs, the Diaz twins, are sticks that can shoot well, but provide little resistance on defense. Pitt lives and dies by the three. It's a bad matchup for them.

I don't know a damned thing about the teams in the other game. Neither is going anywhere anyway.

Reaction Score
I think ASU should beat Nevada. Their defensive intensity has picked up the last two weeks. Cambridge & Washington are playing well and will play their former team (wolfpack). Arizona has also been getting points from unexpected places of late from outside the arc (Jamiya Neal). Nevada has a quality guard in Blackshear and the OSU transfer Lucas is a sharpshooter, but streaky. But you would think ASU would prevail with the better depth.

https://twitter.com/PHNX_SunDevils/status/1635407603537944576

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I do not like Pitt tonight. Miss St. is a horrible offensive team, but they rebound and defend the perimeter well. Federiko has a knee boo-boo and is a game time decision. Pitt's other bigs, the Diaz twins, are sticks that can shoot well, but provide little resistance on defense. Pitt lives and dies by the three. It's a bad matchup for them.

I don't know a damned thing about the teams in the other game. Neither is going anywhere anyway.

The only thing I know about Pitt this year is that those blue uniforms are impeccable and for that reason I'm all in on the Panthers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I thought Mississippi State was perhaps underrated until Alabama annihilated them in the SEC tournament. Really not sure here.

Might as well add NIT here too. I'm hoping Rutgers can win out.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to tomorrow’s Texas Southern/FDU game.

IMO, if I were a 16-seed, I like the idea of a play-in game: start dancing early and have a realistic chance to win a game, even if it’s a play-in.

FDU is a blast to watch too: full court press, shortest team in D1 with a 5’8, 5’9, 6’3, 6’4 and 6’6 starting lineup.

Reaction Score
I thought Mississippi State was perhaps underrated until Alabama annihilated them in the SEC tournament. Really not sure here.

Might as well add NIT here too. I'm hoping Rutgers can win out.

I thought Miss St did a good job keeping the game within reach until the last five minutes when they fell apart. The final score is not indicative of the game.

Reaction Score

Hinson and Burton will have to carry Pitt to win this game. If Pitt can get in the high 60s, they can win. I expect MSU to win, but Pitt can outshoot the matchup problems inside.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
nevada looks like they hit a wall. im pretty shocked they even got in. so they'll either get run off the court by arizona state or make the sweet 16

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hinson and Burton will have to carry Pitt to win this game. If Pitt can get in the high 60s, they can win. I expect MSU to win, but Pitt can outshoot the matchup problems inside.
They have to stay out of foul trouble, which is a big ask if Federiko is out all/most of the game as they'll both be trying to help Diaz inside. All the Diaz bros can do is block, otherwise they just get shoved around. Cummings also has to have a good shooting game here, and the ball movement has to be sharp to open up the outside shot possibilities. Pitt has also forgotten how to defend - their last five games opponents have all scored 78 or more. I'm hoping they can pull this off for my wife's sake, and if they play up to their talent they can shoot anyone out of the building, but again, it's a rotten matchup of strengths vs weaknesses.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Huge SE Missouri State fan here. Taking them to the bank +3.5 tonight.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I hope Villanova takes out Liberty in the NIT tonight. Might as well win the whole thing while they're at it. Go Big East!

Reaction Score
The only thing I know about Pitt this year is that those blue uniforms are impeccable and for that reason I'm all in on the Panthers.
That's good analytical thinking there ;) FYI, I like the combo of blue-yellow (text), blue-orange (text), and orange-blue (text).

Reaction Score
SEMO is literally fouling out of the play-in game. And TAMCC is a good FT shooting team.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
These teams aren’t bad for 16’s.

Reaction Score
Watched 5 minutes of the SE Miss vs Tex AM CC game. Hope our game is not officiated the same way. Andre won’t play 10 minutes if it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom