OT: - Pixelation Issues with TV | The Boneyard

OT: Pixelation Issues with TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This has been a two year headache and I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. I have Optimum and when I watch TV my screen randomly gets blurry, almost as if the signal gets weak. Sometimes it will go a few days without an issue and other times it will be unwatchable.

I've called, chatted and tweeted at Optimum and all they can do remotely is send a hard reset to my cable box. I had one of their tech guys come over to check and they swapped in a new cable box but the issue continued. I called them back and they recommended I reroute the cable line through the attic since it was currently wrapped around the outside of my house and weather could have played a role. Well, Optimum won't reroute cable lines so I called an electrician and had my cable rerouted through my attic and unfortunately the same issue continued. I got a new HDMI cord and nothing changed.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue? I'm running out of troubleshooting ideas.

Reaction Score
What kind of tv? We had a 49” LG 4k that was doing that... and had to have the main controller board replaced under warranty.

Still see the pixelation occasionally on dvr.
Ps. We have Optimum too.

Reaction Score
If everything else has been changed swap in another tv. It’s always process of elimination. If same issue with this tv also it’s something else.

Reaction Score
What kind of tv? We had a 49” LG 4k that was doing that... and had to have the main controller board replaced under warranty.

Still see the pixelation occasionally on dvr.
Ps. We have Optimum too.

65" Samsung 7series. The TV works great when I'm using Netflix/Prime or OnDemand. It's only when I watch live tv (sports, news, shows, etc).

Reaction Score
Doesn’t sound like it but the cable doesn’t come from multiple splitters right.

Reaction Score
65" Samsung 7series. The TV works great when I'm using Netflix/Prime or OnDemand. It's only when I watch live tv (sports, news, shows, etc).
The streaming signal isn’t the same as the broadcast signal, but I doubt Optimum will own it.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the cable hd signal. Happens when your cable is split up too much or the signal is just generally weak. Some cable companies install a signal booster. It's effectiveness varies. I have one cuz my line is split and have a lot of tvs. It happens on occassion but not as often as yours. I have a different cable company. It's used to be the same channels that gave me issues periodically. Now it happens less often, but when it does more channels are involved. If by process of elimination it's the cable company and they wont or cant fix it, my advice would be switch the way you get tv. Cut the chord and stream or get a dish. Pain in the you know what but life is too short for swearing during a pixelated Husky game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even by streaming wouldn't you still be using same line.maybe a different provider is option to try.maybe a new line is required

Reaction Score
i had an issue years ago and finally the 4th tech that came over found it...the splitter they put in was touching a pipe and causing grounding issues.

Had an issue recently and installed Net Uptime Monitor on my pc which pings dns servers and will tell you when your internet is not acting properly...helped when every time I called fios they said all looked fine. but I had a log that showed otherwise. the guy that wrote Net uptime said he wrote it because his cable company would tell him all was ok...his logs showed an issue every afternoon when sun hit that side of the house...they realized after much digging there was an issue caused by thermal expansion shorting his line...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i had an issue years ago and finally the 4th tech that came over found it...the splitter they put in was touching a pipe and causing grounding issues.

Had an issue recently and installed Net Uptime Monitor on my pc which pings dns servers and will tell you when your internet is not acting properly...helped when every time I called fios they said all looked fine. but I had a log that showed otherwise. the guy that wrote Net uptime said he wrote it because his cable company would tell him all was ok...his logs showed an issue every afternoon when sun hit that side of the house...they realized after much digging there was an issue caused by thermal expansion shorting his line...
Thanks for the tip on NetUptime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer