Pitino Pissed | The Boneyard

Pitino Pissed

Reaction Score
Alleyne must be happy too, could have been on a national title contender again.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He's pushing buttons, with an element of truth. If this doesn't get their attention, nothing will.

I remember the GOAT telling Charlie V he's the most overrated player he ever coached. That he can't play professional basketball in Timbuktu. Chaz morphed into a lottery pick

I think Geno has said this person or that person can't guard a chair. Or maybe can't defend their own shadow

On the surface it doesn't look good. Let’s see where it goes from here. If his team quits, then he has a big problem

And yes, Alleyne must be like WTF. He went from the pinnacle to what's shaping up as a lost season

Reaction Score
If Alleyne stays do we bring in Cam?
Good question! No question I want Cam much more. Bluntly, Cam is a star and Naheim isn't. Cam is a deadly shooter and is much more creative offensively- but give Alleyne some credit, he did score a lot of big shots that helped UConn in their run last year. Defensively, Naheim is much better and quicker. I do feel bad for Naheim though, as soon as he decided to transfer, it seemed that Pitino kept recruiting over him.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's just unfortunate for those young men.

That guy is all about himself. I imagine that transfer portal will be active when the year's over.

I wouldn't play for that guy.

Reaction Score
"This is the most unenjoyable experience of my lifetime."

Does that mean he's going to quit this time too?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is his way of motivating his team the rest of the season. St. John's has a puncher's chance to make the tournament: they have a weak schedule remaining.

Reaction Score
Alleyne left because we were actively pursuing a shooting guard in the portal.,plus we had the super freshman recruits
He was being recruited over so Hurley did not see him as a starter . Kids sometimes see themselves as something they’re not and make the change to try their luck. In his case it hasn’t worked out as he planned .
The real question is would we be better if he stayed .
A second unit of Diarra , Johnson , Alleyne , Stewart ,and Ball
would have been interesting no scary for our opponents.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
He wanted it all, overnight That “overnight” is realistically gonna take 2-4 seasons even with the portal. He’s old and doesn’t have the patience for that. He’ll be gone when kids don’t go there even with the NIL and portal.

Reaction Score
“Look,” he said, “Joel [Soriano]’s slow laterally, he’s not fast on the court. Chris Ledlum is slow laterally, Sean Conway’s slow laterally. Brady [Dunlap’s] physically weak, Drissa [Traore] is slow laterally.”

Head bang

Reaction Score
Hurley was smart enough to guide Alleyne to Pitino. He’s playing chess while others are playing checkers. He knew Castle = to Jackson. Clingan was more impactful then Sanogo. Hawkins he needed to come close to with Spencer while Newton, Karaban would improve.

Reaction Score
This is his way of motivating his team the rest of the season. St. John's has a puncher's chance to make the tournament: they have a weak schedule remaining.
Nah. If he were trying to do that, he'd have called them "soft" or "lazy" or some other word coaches use when they're speaking to their team through the media.

This was more something you'd expect to hear off the record, maybe at a bar after a couple drinks. I'm not sure I've heard a coach speak that language with the media before. He basically read their scouting reports verbatim. That's not trying to inspire them. That's a teacher reading their students' test scores in front of the whole class, oblivious to the shame they're inflicting on the slower learners. You're not supposed to do that in a team sport.

In Rick's mind, he may think of it as simply owning up to the mistakes he made putting the team together. But he might want to try thinking a little before he speaks moving forward, because right now this feels eerily similar to Boeheim's final years at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Wanted to see St John's get at least a 10 or 11 seed. With Gtown being historically weak and Nova having a down year I was hoping some OBE team other than UConn would do well. Shall looks to be on the cusp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom