Pikiell recruiting | The Boneyard

Pikiell recruiting

Reaction Score
Dylan Harper just announced to Rutgers so now they have the #2 and #3 ranked recruits for next season. Steve has made Rutgers respectable but he hasn't really had a breakthrough. Hopefully this will be it for him, I'll always root for Pikiell.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How the hell does Rutgers get 2 of the top 3 recruits? I don’t get it, don’t they have different dream schools they want to go to.
Probably seeing the success Cam Spencer is having. ;)

I would love to see Steve Pikiell have some real success in the B1G and in the tournament. He was always one of my favorite players and was at UConn more or less during my tenure as well. Such a heady, gutty, gritty, smart player but just couldn't get healthy. Reminds me a little of Cam actually, when he was healthy.

Reaction Score
How the hell does Rutgers get 2 of the top 3 recruits? I don’t get it, don’t they have different dream schools they want to go to.

I get how they landed Harper, his bro was a stud there but the kid from FL, no clue

caw

Reaction Score
Not sure on how they got higher recruits than UConn basically ever has but has the "Knighthood" been a thing or are they trying to steal Dukes thing. Either way, it's hilarious.

Reaction Score
Now Pikiell has to learn that the object of basketball is to score more points than your opponent. His teams are offensively challenged.
It's so true, his teams never score.

Reaction Score
Dylan Harper just announced to Rutgers so now they have the #2 and #3 ranked recruits for next season. Steve has made Rutgers respectable but he hasn't really had a breakthrough. Hopefully this will be it for him, I'll always root for Pikiell.
It’s been over a decade since I’ve been to the RAC, but I feel like next year is the year to go back. Would be fun to catch Harper/Bailey live next year.

Reaction Score
If Duke and UK have trouble winning consistently with one-and-dones I can’t imagine Rutgers having too much success. Good for Steve, I guess. But it won’t change much.

Reaction Score
Good for Steve Pikiell.

The kid Harper figures he'll stay very close to home, cut his teeth on some Big 10 red meat and move on to greener pastures when an opening presents itself.

Reaction Score
It’s been over a decade since I’ve been to the RAC, but I feel like next year is the year to go back. Would be fun to catch Harper/Bailey live next year.

And Gavin! Never even seen Bailey play but reading up on him, their 3 pieces are not only extremely big time but also very complementary.

Reaction Score
I saw Ace Bailey play the Boozer brothers (only 1 played) & Columbus a few weeks ago. He's ridiculous & basically a 6'9 shooting guard. He had 41 pts and 26 rebounds last night against Pebblebrook, a school that consistently churns out D1 players (also Collin Sexton)

Reaction Score
Note to top recruits: It's Rutgers. R-U-T-G-E-R-S.

Loved Pikiell as a UConn player, but I don't get the posters that say they're happy for him. They're technically a competitor. Be happy for him when he actually wins something.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Note to top recruits: It's Rutgers. R-U-T-G-E-R-S.

Loved Pikiell as a UConn player, but I don't get the posters that say they're happy for him. They're technically a competitor. Be happy for him when he actually wins something.
I'm happy for his successes in whatever form they take. I am astounded by Steve's recruiting success. It makes me believe that he's working with a pretty sizable bag of NIL money though. That's not a good thing for us.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Rutgers, 'cause we're halfway between Philly and NYC! ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm happy for his successes in whatever form they take. I am astounded by Steve's recruiting success. It makes me believe that he's working with a pretty sizable bag of NIL money though. That's not a good thing for us.
That Or he's learned a trick or two from JC about how to approach recruits and their families.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom