Picks of the week? | The Boneyard

Picks of the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do a college football league with friends so I need 3 picks each week. Always has been great sports knowledge in here so I came here for opinions. So far leaning Neb,Vandy,Ohio st,Notre dame?USC (West)?Miss St,Georgia? and UCONN! Any thoughts or insight on these games would be appreciated.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I picked ohio so dont listen to me at all. Ill prob take uconn this weekend like a chump again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's early in the week but North Carolina and Wyoming would be two I really like at the opening number. Arizona, Vanderbilt and SDSU are interesting. If you can play a Thursday game, Cincinnati.

Two lines make no sense to me based on what I saw week 1. How is Tulane getting 25 from Tulsa and Iowa State getting 3.5 from Iowa. I figure one of them is wrong, I just don't know which one.

Reaction Score
Whaler NC looks good I really like there QB As for wyoming I'm not sure I kno they improved last year. I also am looking at K State giving 7 vs Miami. And USF is a point favoirite at Nevada.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler NC looks good I really like there QB As for wyoming I'm not sure I kno they improved last year. I also am looking at K State giving 7 vs Miami. And USF is a point favoirite at Nevada.

Wyoming is a situational play on Toledo's travel and a short line at home. I wasn't the only one who noticed it ahead of time, it opened at 1 and immediately went to 3 and now that three has extra juice at -115 most places.

Reaction Score
Right know UConn is at +4 I saw some sites had them at -4 when they first came out and they where immediately pushed to +3 Hopefully they will continue to rise from +4 which will most likely happen. We all kno 75% or better will be taking NC State. Non boneyarders don't realize how deep UConn's D is and that they finally have a QB and WR's that can get a first down on third down. Also and most importantly UConn has always done great at the RENT!

Reaction Score
NCAA is hard until week 3 or 4 when u can take a fair evaluation on teams. Right know my favorite plays (probably change) are Vanderbilt and Notre Dame. Add UNC to the lean list. Nebraska I liked immediately at -4 but Burkhead is out which sucks but supposedly they have depth at RB question is should I still play them w/o Burkhead.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Right know UConn is at +4 I saw some sites had them at -4 when they first came out and they where immediately pushed to +3 Hopefully they will continue to rise from +4 which will most likely happen. We all kno 75% or better will be taking NC State. Non boneyarders don't realize how deep UConn's D is and that they finally have a QB and WR's that can get a first down on third down. Also and most importantly UConn has always done great at the RENT!

I saw a blog post that showed UConn as -2.5 to open. Everything I see now shows that it opened at NCSU -1. Either were terrible lines and I'm sure it moved instantly because they wouldn't have seen a bet on UConn at -2.5 or +1.

One interesting note is that since 1998 UConn is the second best team in the country against the spread. Something like 77-52-4. Boise State is the only team that is better.

Reaction Score
Wow thats good stuff with UConn ATS. I really like UNC's RB and especially QB. But giving 8 @ wake forest. Wakes QB was 3000 yards 20 tds 6 int last year,not bad. Does wake suck or what?

Reaction Score
How about georgia -3.5 @ Mizzou? Also lean Miss St. -3 at home vs Auburn. Their is no o/u yet on this game at my site. But I expect this to be a low scoring game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about georgia -3.5 @ Mizzou? Also lean Miss St. -3 at home vs Auburn. Their is no o/u yet on this game at my site. But I expect this to be a low scoring game.

I like Miss St too but seeing 3.5. Not sure if any of the Auburn players come off suspension this week - I think a bunch do.

Wake does look to suck pretty badly.

I watched most of Buffalo and Georgia. I was a bit disappointed in Georgia. They never should let Buffalo move the ball as much and as well as they did. I have no idea what Missouri is going to do this season. I focus a lot more on Big East, ACC, Big 10, MAC and Sun Belt. The SEC you can't avoid hearing about but I haven't had much success on their games - I generally stay away from the Big 12 and Pac 12.

Reaction Score

Georgia allowed like 170 yards rushing to Buffalo. IDK whether they were trying different schemes or personnel or what but that is not encouraging. Mizzou's QB Franklin is really athletic and that is a tough place to play, I wouldn't count on Mark Richt in a big game either.

I like Arizona +13.5 vs OSU alot. Savannah St is a joke, a lot of teams would beat them 84-0. That game doesn't tell you anything about their strength. OSU's 18 year old freshman QB will be making his first road start against a FBS team. Arizona played sloppy the other night, but Toldeo is a pretty good team. Their QB Scott is a nice fit for Rich Rod's offense...I think they can keep the game pretty close.

Reaction Score
My advice would be stay away from Georgia, I'm a big bulldog fan (and UConn of course) and this game will be a toss up. Especially considering about half of the defense is suspended. As for solid picks, Vandy -3 @ Northwestern stuck at right away (Vandy much improved, solid defense and Northwestern's defense should struggle against an SEC o-line), and Miami +7 @ K state (Miami looked real good last week, very potent running game, over in this game would be a solid play as well). It's not a solid card this week these will be two plays i will most likely be on this week, hope this helps.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I will probably regret posting this but I still like one game left this week. Georgia Tech getting 7.5 tonight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
NCAA is hard until week 3 or 4 when u can take a fair evaluation on teams. Right know my favorite plays (probably change) are Vanderbilt and Notre Dame. Add UNC to the lean list. Nebraska I liked immediately at -4 but Burkhead is out which sucks but supposedly they have depth at RB question is should I still play them w/o Burkhead.

Per ESPN Burkhead is starting and playing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like NMSU +21. I may like Air Force too if it stays above 3 td's. Nebraska at-4 or-4.5 seems like the pick of the week. cincy should punish pitt too.

Reaction Score
My favorite is laying 16 with Texas Tech over Texas State. The line would have been a TD higher before last week, and I blame last week on Houston far more than Texas State.

I'm also a sucker on SDSU, along with the rest of the world.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the info if Burkhead is playing Nebraska(-5) is a play of the week for me especially anything under 7.UConn is up to +6 :) Right know I like Neb,Vandy,Unc. And Lean ND,and Arizona. For NFL I like Patriots,and Atlanta. Was loving Houston but went all the way up to +12. Still have early leans for Hou,Det,Carolina,Eagles. I like pats/houston 6pt teaser as well. Whatcha think?? BTW Whaler wtg with Gtech just need to hold on 44 seconds played them as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the info if Burkhead is playing Nebraska(-5) is a play of the week for me especially anything under 7.UConn is up to +6 :) Right know I like Neb,Vandy,Unc. And Lean ND,and Arizona. For NFL I like Patriots,and Atlanta. Was loving Houston but went all the way up to +12. Still have early leans for Hou,Det,Carolina,Eagles. I like pats/houston 6pt teaser as well. Whatcha think?? BTW Whaler wtg with Gtech just need to hold on 44 seconds played them as well.

I liked Georgia Tech because I was down on Virginia Tech - that was ugly though.

I've warmed up to Air Force +21 on Saturday.

Halfway through the second episode of Hard Knocks I sent a friend a text and said we are betting against Miami every week. I guess I'm not the only one with HBO....

Reaction Score
I liked Georgia Tech because I was down on Virginia Tech - that was ugly though.

I've warmed up to Air Force +21 on Saturday.

Halfway through the second episode of Hard Knocks I sent a friend a text and said we are betting against Miami every week. I guess I'm not the only one with HBO....

Hah, I hear ya hard knocks is a great show.Its not only a Miami fade but I really like Houston this year.
Air Force at +21 seems very friendly, its definitely on my radar.
Even though the Cowboys will finally be healthy on offense and better at CB I still like the GMen tomorrow.
I like the Panthers Thursday even after their scary week 1 loss. Sunseri is capable and experienced and Graham is an absolute
monster. It's Cincy's first game and they start a new QB and RB.
NCAA- Neb,Vandy,UNC,UConn.Lean wisky,air force,ND?
NFL- Atl,Hou,NYJ,NE Leans: Phi,Car,Det
NE/Hou tease, don't think there is any chance Patriots lose so I am going to ml parlay them with another team or two. Maybe Wisky or UNC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know the trends and I know Thursday night dogs and I know the line looks like a trap. I liked Cincinnati all summer in that spot - I'm staying on it unless the line blows up.

I dont have any strong NFL picks yet. Every line moved against me that I liked. I don't have access to early lines so I can't jump on them at release / Im stuck waiting until game day.

Reaction Score
I'm in the same situation I have to wait until closing line. Liking your UNC and Air force picks. And I have liked SDSU since that line came out but won't pull the trigger for some reason. Armys running game should be better then last year but are they better the sdsu? As for pitt its a sketchy pick forgot you liked cincy I will continue to look into that. Good info I think we can help each other out this year.

Reaction Score
We'll be keeping score on Sunday on how everyone's picks of the week.

My 3 are:
Bowling Green -15 v Idaho
FIU -23 v. Akron
ECU + 22.5 @ USCe

Full disclosure, I'm awful at this, so your best bet may be to go opposite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Bowling Green gets below 14, I'll be all over them. Idaho is beyond awful. I just checked and BGSU is -16.5 already, so that number has sailed.

There are some very good gamblers all over Utah -7 Friday. I'm afraid that is going up though.

Also, forget 8 on UNC that already moved to 10.

We were on the right games. Arizona is down to 11.

Reaction Score
yea your right unc from 8 to 9.5 neb 5.5 vandy 3.5 uconn +6 wisky -8 sdsu went up to -6. Air force still +21. I kind of like auburn/miss st under 47.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom