Photo Gallery: WNBA Draft - Lou & Dorka | The Boneyard

Photo Gallery: WNBA Draft - Lou & Dorka

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Who are the individuals with Lou/Dorka in photos 5, 6 and 8?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So happy for Lou and Dorka. A day neither of them will ever forget. :) Both of them have dreamed of this day for years. It's not a given.
A lot of seniors and graduate transfers did not get invited to NY or drafted. I must admit I was a little surprised that Lou went as high as she did. I was thinking 10-12. She met ALL of her goals and checked ALL of the boxes when she decided to come to UConn. ;) Congratulations to them both.

Now I have a question for anyone that knows the answer. Do they continue to go to class on campus, or take the remainder of their classes online for the remainder of this term?

Team training camps begin on April 30. Preseason games begin May 5th. Regular season games begin May 19. Since they're both graduates, no need for them to return to Storrs for commencement ceremonies. They did that last year.

2023 key dates in the WNBA.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
So happy for Lou and Dorka. A day neither of them will ever forget. :) Both of them have dreamed of this day for years. It's not a given.
A lot of seniors and graduate transfers did not get invited to NY or drafted. I must admit I was a little surprised that Lou went as high as she did. I was thinking 10-12. She met ALL of her goals and checked ALL of the boxes when she decided to come to UConn. ;) Congratulations to them both.
Post EDIT.......

Now I have a question for anyone that knows the answer. Do they continue to go to class on campus, or take the remainder of their classes online for the remainder of this MONTH. I know they MUST report to traing camp on time.

Team training camps begin on April 30. Preseason games begin May 5th. Regular season games begin May 19. Since they're both graduates, no need for them to return to Storrs for commencement ceremonies. They did that last year.

2023 key dates in the WNBA.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Post EDIT.......
If Dorka (quite likely as she has been a grad student for two years) and Lou have earned post grad degrees there are graduate ceremonies where you receive your degree hood. Not mandatory but another meaningful ceremony.

I imagine they will finish classes in the next 2.5 weeks and with grad courses there may be no exams which would still get them to training camp on time. I am sure they have a plan in place to complete their courses. Below is the academic calendar:
Fri, Apr 21Last day for Master’s and Doctoral degree candidates to upload final thesis and dissertation Submittable and submit related paperwork to Degree Audit (degreeaudit@uconn.edu) for conferral of a Spring 2023 degree. It is recommended that students defend at least two weeks prior to this deadline to allow for revisions. Doctoral dissertation defense must be announced two weeks prior to defending. Plan A Master’s students are not required to announce their defense.
Fri, Apr 28Last day of spring semester classes
Sat, Apr 29-Sun, Apr 30Reading Days
Mon, May 1-Sat, May 6Final examinations

Reaction Score
Who are the individuals with Lou/Dorka in photos 5, 6 and 8?
I believe that the young ladies in photos 5 and 6 are two of Lou’s team mates from Fairfield: Andrea Hernangomez (5) and Brooke Takarian (6).
By the way, I recognized Jake from All State in photo 17, but who is the other person in the photo? I thought I knew who she is, but her outfit is all wrong. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou is 6'1", and I guess Dorka is 2 full Hartley Units! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member