PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

PF Mamadou Diarra (Signed LOI on 11/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the other ram board, someone mentioned the score is even now. I'm new to the early recruiting process, so who did we lose out to VCU in the past?
Well, technically, they beat us out for Terry Larrier and Tevin Mack, but it doesn't really matter because neither of those guys play for VCU anymore (and one never suited up for them)

Reaction Score
DALTX said:
On the other ram board, someone mentioned the score is even now. I'm new to the early recruiting process, so who did we lose out to VCU in the past?

Larrier and Mack were both guys who we jumped in on very very late and couldn't pull away. But two guys who played a combined one season for VCU.

If they are saying it's even, they are maybe counting Jeremy Lamb as one we won over them - his dad famously played there and beat JC's Northeastern team at the buzzer. At the time VCU had a crowded backcourt (all those seniors who went to the Final Four, in a year we went two wins further), so I don't think they ever were a key factor in his recruitment. But they probably feel he got away.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's the thing with VCU - I guess they'll always have the Pyrrhic victories with Larrier and Mack, but....

1) It's all over. The wheels have come off in spectacular fashion there and they're never being bolted back on.

2) On their best day, in their finest moment, at the very peak of their own personal mountain....they made it to a Final Four. But then they went home and we won the whole thing.

Scoreboard, VCU kiddies.

Reaction Score
Shaka vs. UConn may be even at 2-2.. but VCU is 0 for the century vs. UConn

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We're going to be stacked like Pamela Anderson before she removed her implants.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Here's the thing with VCU - I guess they'll always have the Pyrrhic victories with Larrier and Mack, but....
1) It's all over. The wheels have come off in spectacular fashion there and they're never being bolted back on.
2) On their best day, in their finest moment, at the very peak of their own personal mountain....they made it to a Final Four. But then they went home and we won the whole thing.
Scoreboard, VCU kiddies.

We've seen this show before. They are UMass redux.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I will give VCU credit for parlaying that Final 4 run into membership in a much better conference. At least they don't have to worry about getting relegated.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It was never really intended to be a secret, since I didn't think anyone actually read that in the first place. But I do love to pretend to hate Russ for some reason. Maybe I'm just a bad person.
Too bad, I was pretty proud of myself for figuring it out.

Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Funny story Diarra told about playing with Amida Brimah during a recent visit to UConn:

“I was trying to figure out why Daniel Hamilton was leading the team in rebounding, and not Brimah. I was on (Brimah's) team, he blocked a shot, the ball was right next to him. He’s looking at me, waiting for me to get the ball, and I was like, ‘That’s your rebond, man.’”

Reaction Score
he's under the radar and maybe will be 4 stars when he's re-evaluated. Good get, early and local, we're supposed to win these battles and we did.

He is 4 stars already. ESPN had tweets from Goodman and Borwell mentioning that. If continues to improve and has a great summer he may jump way up, we'll see. No matter, a great get and a perfect fit for KO.

"...he's the coach I want to play for" :D

C'mon terry join the winning party!

Reaction Score

Scoreboard, VCU kiddies.

You know the funny thing about part 2? They are ok with that here in Richmond. Its like a huge achievement, almost as good as winning a championship. If VCU would have won a chip, it would have sustained them for centuries.

Reaction Score
“It was tough, because it’s four years of my life. You see a lot of kids transferring out of school, you don’t want to be one of those kids. It’s a big decision.”

From our guy Diarra. This is the right attitude. Kids (young adults) make mistakes. You want to make a good solid choice ... AND not go through this transfer process. You can improve yourself - see Sterling Gibbs (now twice) - but you try to be a 4 year guy and develop. (and these aren't One & Dones)

Reaction Score
I dont think anyone is saying he's a must get. People are trusting KO and the staff's opinion of him, that he's a good, hardworking kid that will fill a need. They've been on him for quite some time and the kid has said UConn is his dream school. What more do we need?

PS - its "fared"
Thanks for the spell check. and the information. Saying its his dream school doesnt answer the question. The rest of your response did answer though.

Reaction Score
One down for 2016. Do we back off Jones now? I doubt we have room for both of them since they both play the 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom