PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

PF/C Juwan Durham (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a top 25 type recruit you actually couldn't do much worse than Miami. They don't really put anyone into the league, they're not a name program for hoops and they have no fanbase. I've seen it parroted several times on here that kids don't care about winning and fan support, this is pure nonsense.

Miami this year will be a huge surprise in college hoops. That starting 5 of Toyne Jikiri/Sr. (1st team All-ACC Defensive Team 2014-15), Kahari Murphy/Jr. (Okie State transfer), Davon Reed/Jr (1 of the most underrated players in the ACC) and a back court that has started 141 games between them in Sheldon McCllellan/ Sr. (GS) & Angel Rodriquez/Sr. GS) is arguably 1 of the best in the country. Miami doesn't have our depth this year though and probably will only go with a solid 7 (including Ucenda and Ja'Quan Newton a top 50ish recruit and a Soph) after 3 off season transfers bailed because of losing PT. The thing is though if Freshman Lawrence Jr. ESPN rank 100 and Izundu can provide needed depth then they could finish anywhere from 1 to 3 in the ACC. Last year they destroyed Duke at Cameron (before RS was booted) in a game K claims Rodriquez performed as well as any player he has watched at Cameron.

I agree though that the fan base in Miami for basketball has been horrendous to say the least. They do get Duke and Virginia I believe on Big Monday at home. Good chance they don't even sell those games out. If this team can't put fans in the seats... then it truly is a very sad state of affairs for Miami hoops. As mentioned earlier in the thread based on #'s the odds are not in their favor to get the support. I think that has to be a variable to consider for recruiting depending on the kid. We shall see....

Reaction Score
It I'm KO I'm telling Juwan all about Katrina, New Orleans and how Miami just dodged a hurricane bullet!

Hurricanes are the best part about school there. First there are the Pre-hurricane parties, then you party during the hurricane, then they close the school for 7-10 days at which time you can go to the beach and have many post hurricane parties.

Reaction Score
Saw him at the men's soccer game Friday night.. Walked in with Miller and they sat with Adams & Enoch.. Looked to be having a good time.. Come on Ollie and land him!
I was wondering who that tall dude that was walking with Shonn was. Dude next to me was saying it was Enoch...

Reaction Score
So are the BY sources hearing this cigarette boat sailed right to Miami?

I hate to look to far into a young mans cyber statement but I've never seen anything so "negative" before. I mean if it's because he hadn't been away from home and was just homesick well, that means he ain't coming either.

Reaction Score

I hate to look to far into a young mans cyber statement but I've never seen anything so "negative" before. I mean if it's because he hadn't been away from home and was just homesick well, that means he ain't coming either.

Elena Delle Donne comes to mind

Reaction Score

At first I thought the same thing
But we were his first visit, and it could be he was just overwhelmed by the experience. For this rare case, it may be in our favor for him to take other visits to see it is no different anywhere else. Unless his other visits are very local of course.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt he had a great time but if hes glad to be home after only one weekend then Storrs is not the place for him. Just imagine when winter time comes and how much he will miss home then.

Reaction Score
I spent a weekend in Portland seeing my friends last month. Had an absolute blast. But on my bus back to Boston, coming over the Tobin and seeing the skyline, looking down on the left on the Navy Yard where I did my graduate schooling, looking over to see Bunker Hill rising up on the right, I was happy to be back in the city I call home.

I must really not like my friends that much. Portland just isn't for me. How negative of me to feel such a way and say such a thing.

FFS, some of you people are insane. Do you not see the error in your ways of making that massive leap in logic? He very well may not end up coming here. But that doesn't make that sentence some death knell.

But hey, this is the board of doom. Can't say I was shocked to see the responses.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I spent a weekend in Portland seeing my friends last month. Had an absolute blast. But on my bus back to Boston, coming over the Tobin and seeing the skyline, looking down on the left on the Navy Yard where I did my graduate schooling, looking over to see Bunker Hill rising up on the right, I was happy to be back in the city I call home.

I must really not like my friends that much. Portland just isn't for me. How negative of me to feel such a way and say such a thing.

FFS, some of you people are insane. Do you not see the error in your ways of making that massive leap in logic?
Portland isn't for a lot of people...non-hipsters, normal people, people with homes, etc.

Reaction Score
Portland isn't for a lot of people...non-hipsters, normal people, people with homes, etc.
I couldn't live there because I grew up in Jersey. Going deeper in to New England from CT to Boston and then to Portland for visits, the pizza gets worse and worse. When Otto is the best a city has to offer, that says it all.

Maybe the kid likes Cuban food (and girls) too much. ;)

Reaction Score
I couldn't live there because I grew up in Jersey. Going deeper in to New England from CT to Boston and then to Portland for visits, the pizza gets worse and worse. When Otto is the best a city has to offer, that says it all.

Maybe the kid likes Cuban food (and girls) too much. ;)
I took pretty much the same path. Jersey to CT. My folks are in Portland now and I visited for the first time about a month ago. Definitely some solid food, but pizza is definitely lacking. Although best I had was at the Rogue restaurant, but it might have been because I drank all their beer...

Reaction Score
Used to have a lot of business meetings in Portland and I always liked the town. Good bars/pubs and the grub was good too. And where else can you get donuts with topless waitresses in the morning in NE?

Reaction Score
I took pretty much the same path. Jersey to CT. My folks are in Portland now and I visited for the first time about a month ago. Definitely some solid food, but pizza is definitely lacking. Although best I had was at the Rogue restaurant, but it might have been because I drank all their beer...
You guys want bad pizza move to the Midwest. Most of it is cooked on a conveyor. The best I can find is the take-and-bake chain Papa Murphy's.

Reaction Score
There are people here who are confusing Portland, Maine with Portland, Oregon.

Reaction Score
There are people here who are confusing Portland, Maine with Portland, Oregon.
The original post mentioning portland was a long one so I skimmed it...reading comprehension be damned. I've been to 2/3 portland mentioned unfortunately i now realize not the one the OP was actually referencing...oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom