Peyton Manning & Tom Brady | The Boneyard

Peyton Manning & Tom Brady

Reaction Score
Brady appears to be really nervous over the ball, really out of his element.

Reaction Score
My son caddies at Cherry Hills in CO and he says that Peyton plays to a +1 there... His swing and game today do not reflect that good of a game. IMO

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My son caddies at Cherry Hills in CO and he says that Peyton plays to a +1 there... His swing and game today does not reflect that good of a game. IMO

According to this article, Brady's hdcp is 8.1 but he's played poorly of late. Says he shot 106 last time he played this course.

Reaction Score
Peyton has been playing pretty well. Tom had a rough front nine, think he was really nervous, too be expected.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Kind of fun - both the QBs did some things. Will be nice to see real golf soon.

Reaction Score
Peyton played solid minus a couple of duck hooks. He has game but I also believe TB is better than he showed. Crazy he doesn’t carry a driver. Anyway it was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Tom played terrible in beginning and wasn’t talking, was pissed lol. Had shot of the match though and started to loosen up. Nice to see him showing personality

Reaction Score
Brady's upper body setup is all jacked up, causes him to spin out early, and he was probably nervous.
No chance Peyton is a +1 anywhere with that swing
Tough course for both of them. Big landing areas but they're rebooting if they miss the fairway. Lots of pressure for a national stage

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Peyton played solid minus a couple of duck hooks. He has game but I also believe TB is better than he showed. Crazy he doesn’t carry a driver. Anyway it was fun to watch.
I read it‘s got a 155 slope from the tips ..... that ain’t easy

Reaction Score
I'm going to give chalk a lot up to nerves and playing in the rain, which is tough. I will say TB must lose a ton of $$ if he's playing off an 8.1. Payton has a very solid iron game, driving was trash. Tom got into a nice groove teeing off with a long iron late in the round. It was fun to watch, great entertainment. Tiger was pretty automatic all round.

Reaction Score
Tom's eagle was an actual "moment". Felt like real sports was back for about 15 minutes there.

Reaction Score
Loved it! Barkley’s banter,, other athletes chiming in on twitter, Brady playing like he’s at a local muni, Mickelson’s cheerleading, etc. Until real sports returns, I’d watch it every week and donate to charity every time.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if there is a replay link? Haven’t been able to find one and has to miss the live broadcast.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Didn’t see it, but it’s kind of interesting to see how elite athletes from other sports play golf. I had the chance by accident years ago when ny boss and I went out to Minnechaug in Glastonbury when it was still 18 holes. They paired us with two Hartford Whalers. Captain Russ Anderson and forward Bob Sullivan (a minor league scoring star who didn’t translate well into the NHL.) Granted neither my boss nor I were Tiger Woods, more like Easter Bunny Woods, and we weren’t in TV, it was interesting.

Sullivan, a lefty and kind of average size played just so so. Anderson is big. About 6’4 and solid as a brick who spit his way around the course. His 1st tee shot was awful and mine was good. I remember thinking I’m better than these guys. It turned out that was maybe my last good shot and by far Anderson’s worst. I think he shot 73 and was really long. If he had concentrated on golf he had pro level ability.

Nice guys. We had a beer with them after the round. Sullivan was more outgoing, but both shared some hockey experiences.

Reaction Score
Didn’t see it, but it’s kind of interesting to see how elite athletes from other sports play golf. I had the chance by accident years ago when ny boss and I went out to Minnechaug in Glastonbury when it was still 18 holes. They paired us with two Hartford Whalers. Captain Russ Anderson and forward Bob Sullivan (a minor league scoring star who didn’t translate well into the NHL.) Granted neither my boss nor I were Tiger Woods, more like Easter Bunny Woods, and we weren’t in TV, it was interesting.

Sullivan, a lefty and kind of average size played just so so. Anderson is big. About 6’4 and solid as a brick who spit his way around the course. His 1st tee shot was awful and mine was good. I remember thinking I’m better than these guys. It turned out that was maybe my last good shot and by far Anderson’s worst. I think he shot 73 and was really long. If he had concentrated on golf he had pro level ability.

Nice guys. We had a beer with them after the round. Sullivan was more outgoing, but both shared some hockey experiences.

pointless old guy ramble

Reaction Score
I dont usually watch golf but that was entertaining, great to have Barkleys commentary for the non golf guys.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Heard one of them had his balls deflated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom