Passing of the Torch! | The Boneyard

Passing of the Torch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure but it definitely felt like KO was pushing for RB to let the offense run through Dham. I guess he knows he is playing for next year now. Dham sure look like the real deal. Still needs to tighten up his mistake and outside shot but boy he came of age in this game. Never seen RB defer the scoring so much even with the tight d on him. Glad Dham stepped up and took hold of the offense. He is a going to be a real gem. Make sure you guys enjoy his games this year and next as he is going to be a first rounder the year after. Congrats to Dham! Sad to see RB not step up at all except for a couple Defensive plays. Well at least we know we are in good hands next year with Dham running the show. The torch has been passed and now DHAM has to keep it up for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Should have been done much earlier in the season. Ollie has been too reliant on Boat. Hope he learned his lesson.

Reaction Score
Should have been done much earlier in the season. Ollie has been too reliant on Boat. Hope he learned his lesson.
Well I guess he thought he had a chance for post season success. Now he realizes he is working towards next year.

Reaction Score
Stopped after the first sentence. The offense had to run through DHam while Boat was getting shut down. He is the only other play maker on the team.

Reaction Score
Stopped after the first sentence. The offense had to run through DHam while Boat was getting shut down. He is the only other play maker on the team.
Exactly. They were playing a box and one on boat he had no choice but to run through dham. Defense was concentrated on boat from start to finish.

Reaction Score
Boat is a great player. But Boat hasn't made his teammates better. DHam makes both Brimah and Purvis better.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If my Husky memory is correct this is somewhat similar to the season when Scott Burrell was a senior and Donyell Marshall was a sophomore. Scotty paid his dues and was finally "the man" as a senior. As that season progressed it was becoming obvious that Donyell was the best player on the that team.
I think this season is similar. Ryan deserves all the accolades he is receiving and I believe he will earn the opportunity to have a successful NBA career.
Daniel is showing that he is a special talent and can take over a game.

Reaction Score
Me, too.

It was a box and one. It was Memphis all but saying they had no respect for anyone but Boat.

How do some of these nitwits miss these things?
Even with the box in one RB has gone off on teams by forcing outside shots(cincy game). He didn't do that this game and just settled to have others do it. I mean in some regards that is good but without him we sure looked shaky there for awhile until Dham played so well in the second half.

Reaction Score
Daniel is showing that he is a special talent and can take over a game.
Were you saying the same thing about Jeremy Lamb in 2011?

I'm not saying DHam isn't a special player; it's just that he had driving lane after driving lane because of how much effort Memphis put in to denying Boat.

I also won't take away from DHam how well he finished those opportunities. And of course that ONIONS three.

Reaction Score

I'm not saying DHam isn't a special player; it's just that he had driving lane after driving lane because of how much effort Memphis put in to denying Boat.

I also won't take away from DHam how well he finished those opportunities. And of course that ONIONS three.
Well at least he was making the bunnies unlike prior games.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

This was a superb offensive game for DHam but as you mention he had lots of space to work with. We've seen what happens when the defense focuses on him.

Reaction Score
This was a superb offensive game for DHam but as you mention he had lots of space to work with. We've seen what happens when the defense focuses on him.
I've been welcoming the zone for weeks now hoping to watch DHam figure out how to get to that foul line spot and go to work from there. He really showed what he can do this game. He will at the very least be our best zone buster of all time, especially once he gets consistent from 3.

Reaction Score
I literally said at the end I'm not taking anything away from him for converting those opportunities.

READ, people.
I know what you are saying. I'm just reiterrating the point.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I've been welcoming the zone for weeks now hoping to watch DHam figure out how to get to that foul line spot and go to work from there. He really showed what he can do this game. He will at the very least be our best zone buster of all time, especially once he gets consistent from 3.
That was not a great zone. But DHam is much at the foul line than KF for now. IMO KF has the tools to play the zone really well. But his uncertainty what to do just takes away from his game.

Reaction Score
That was not a great zone. But DHam is much at the foul line than KF for now. IMO KF has the tools to play the zone really well. But his uncertainty what to do just takes away from his game.
I agree, he could be dangerous from there, but he needs some significant practice dumping down to Brimah when the 5 steps up to him. He got one great hesitation pass today.

Reaction Score
Wow people are really tightly wound up after this loss. LOL!
That was simply a facepalming kind of "Jesus..."

I mean you do realize you just did the equivalent of that awkward not-really-cool-but-tags-along-with-cool-kids-and-weirds-them-out who, when the leader of the friend group tells the punchline of a joke, abruptly and awkwardly just repeats the punchline while everyone else is already laughing, looking around for validation and it just kills the whole thing. And then everyone around wonders why they let him hover around.

I'm sure there's a replication of this in some teen comedy if you need a reference.

Last edited:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I agree, he could be dangerous from there, but he needs some significant practice dumping down to Brimah when the 5 steps up to him. He got one great hesitation pass today.
And there's the problem. You have two very athletic players with obvious skills who only just started playing bb relative to most of the college kids. You can just see the hesitation they have trying to remember what the coaches have told them to do particularly with KF. Hence the significant regression in his game. They've sacrificed raw athleticism for player development. AB has significantly improved from last season. But his role has changed and he's still adjusting to those changes.

Reaction Score
I definitely would not say KF or AB have regressed. I mean just compare the stats to last year's.

Facey's time has nearly quintupled. There are going to be some growing pains.

And re: AB, I'm just glad he has a role on both sides of the floor now, as opposed to last year when he was little more than a rim protector.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
And there's the problem. You have two very athletic players with obvious skills who only just started playing bb relative to most of the college kids. You can just see the hesitation they have trying to remember what the coaches have told them to do particularly with KF. Hence the significant regression in his game. They've sacrificed raw athleticism for player development. AB has significantly improved from last season. But his role has changed and he's still adjusting to those changes.
"regression" is the wrong word, but otherwise this post is spot on.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

The lesson that Ollie should have learned is getting more coaches to use a box and 1 on the Boatshow?

Great analysis.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
"regression" is the wrong word, but otherwise this post is spot on.
I should have put it in quotes. A lot of posters are confused about how much less productive he's been lately. It is typical, imo, when coaches are trying to develop a player vs. concerning themselves only with the small picture. The only person who is a "victim" in all of this is Ryan. And personally I believe he has a lot of his grandfather in him in that he understands that the world isn't just about me, myself and I. It's something many fans lack. Ryan is an extension of KO and is trying his best to develop the team for the long haul at the detriment of his own success. This is not the easiest thing for a kid who also values winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom