Paschal Chukwu has list | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Paschal Chukwu has list

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score

I'm aware. At the same time, how many years does PC stick with him if he doesn't deliver NCAAT appearances? If he is the coach/recruiter you all think he is, he should get some soon. So how long does PC wait if he doesn't make it this year or next?

I personally think PC has the talent to be at least a bubble team this year and probably should have been on last year if not for injuries to start the season.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm no defender of PC at all, but anyone who brings up their early season losses when a good chunk of their team was hurt as anything more than some fun ribbing is being disingenuous. Look how bad we looked against South Florida when we didn't have Shabazz or Giffey and Omar was hurt. When Providence got healthy, they were a good team, and played us very close twice. We could have lost either one of those games. Now, keeping in mind that PC lost more talent than us, I'd say the gap has widened a bit more this year, but they're still likely going to be a legitimate contender for the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
We wish you the best of luck in the shadow of the old Big East Conference.

Reaction Score
I think everyone's getting confused here. PC stands for paschal chukwu in this thread, not that other school that likes to think of us as rivals

Reaction Score

Forgot about Derosiers - he's a solid addition. I got the chance to see him play quite frequently when he was in high school, and although the competition wasn't the stiffest, he exhibited an advanced skill set for a center his age. He had a nice touch inside the paint, and had the ability to step out and knock down threes. He struggled at Wake Forrest, but it's unclear how much of that can be attributed to the horrific situation he was thrown into. With some added muscle and confidence, I see no reason he can't at least be a solid rim protecting center off the bench who has the ability to go for 10-15 points occasionally.

As for Dunn, your season may well hinge on his development. He did a lot of nice things a year ago - he was a plus defender and excellent rebounder, but his offensive game lagged behind on the development curve. I believe you'll have enough in Henton, Batts, and Cotton to dance with or without major offensive contributions from Dunn, but you'll certainly need him and Austin to play with poise beyond their years if you're expecting any sort of deep run.

Reaction Score
Bottom line, FriarJ is to get a guy like Chuckwu, and make the tourney (let alone win a game or two there). Then Mr. Cooley & PC will get
ultimate respect on this board.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Bottom line, FriarJ is to get a guy like Chuckwu, and make the tourney (let alone win a game or two there). Then Mr. Cooley & PC will get
ultimate respect on this board.

If a coach wins at PC, he is gone. Gone. Gone.

Reaction Score
Cooley is a R.I. guy. If he's successful it''ll take more to lure him away, than usual.

Reaction Score
Still want Oubre.......2 scorers like he and Hamilton on the floor would be a tremendous plus for the Huskies. They could play 2-3 or even 3-4 at times as Oubre is a rebounder.....

Oubre, Abu, Chukwu and 1 of the PG's.........big class coming!!;)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Yes.

Anybody with ambition and a brain would leave PC.

Reaction Score
Depends on what EC wants. If he thinks the school is able to give him the resources he needs to deliver realistic expectations on the court; the pay is pretty competitive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You should have beaten UConn that last game. The Huskies were running on fumes, Wolf was out and a bunch of guys were hurt. But you spit the bit. Both team at full strength and PC loses big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom