Pascal Chukwu | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RipCity said:
@ChrisTorello11: Early guess for Chukwu? #UConn This guy covers PC. I Chukwu being from CT and our prowess in the transfer market is leading to him saying this. I think St Johns will be a major player here too though.
They can't be: same conference.

Reaction Score
RipCity said:
Wow. Real dumb of me, wasn't thinking there. Go us!
Happens to the best of us.

Larrier is #1 on my list for kids we can get right now.

Diarra is #2 (ha!), and that looks good.

Chukwu is next.

To be fair, though, I am not thinking of King or Gilbert when making this list, because they haven't indicated they are committing soon.

caw

Reaction Score
After losing Henton, Desrossier, and Harris. Now Chukwu also leaves. That's four of their rotation players from last year. Their highest ranked recruit also has knee issues and grade issues. They lost an assistant and didn't get a single transfer yet. Imagine how bad things would have been if Dunn had left. But don't worry they are taking over New England. Now Dunn has to have a Kemba season for them to be relevant.

caw

Reaction Score
Happens to the best of us.

Larrier is #1 on my list for kids we can get right now.

Diarra is #2 (ha!), and that looks good.

Chukwu is next.

To be fair, though, I am not thinking of King or Gilbert when making this list, because they haven't indicated they are committing soon.

im sure those five won't all happen but that would be my current wish list.

Reaction Score
Pass. Transfers have to be exceptional and fill a need.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
An ACC UConn, yes I agree, a AAC UConn, I feel we don't have the luxury to pass on a 7'2" talent who could make some real strides in the next 3 years. Until we get out of this quicksand of a conf (if ever) we shouldn't be passing up players with the upside of Chukwu.

Reaction Score
An ACC UConn, yes I agree, a AAC UConn, I feel we don't have the luxury to pass on a 7'2" talent who could make some real strides in the next 3 years. Until we get out of this quicksand of a conf (if ever) we shouldn't be passing up players with the upside of Chukwu.
Whether UConn was in the ACC or B1G, they shouldn't pass on Chukwu, especially considering the fact he has three years of eligibility remaining. If it works out and he plays to his potential, you have a defensive anchor for two or three years. If it doesn't, you have a 7'2" center coming off the bench with 5 fouls to spare. Think that's a win-win.

caw

Reaction Score

I don't think pass is the correct strategy because there aren't major impact centers UConn is recruiting in 2016. Next one would be Brown in 17. Having Chukwu in hand wouldn't be a bad thing. If he were a fifth year guy, I would also say pass, but he has three years left.

Reaction Score
Chuckwu will probably be the most contacted transfer this summer. If you don't think a 7'2 guy with 3 years of eligibility who grew up in CT and averaged 2.5/2.5/.7 in 9 minutes a game for a NCAA team then the only thing I could tell you is that your opinion is bad. Top 60-75 kid out of high school whose biggest flaw is his weight/strength , imagine what 18 months at the Werth Center could do for him.

Reaction Score
I'd take him. 1 year of solid development then 3 years of eligibility will be nice. Definitely have to look at him since losing Amida is a very real possibility.
Saw him against Hillhouse 3 times and West Haven twice. He was not a big time player. About a 3 inch vertical. pushed around and out of his spot in the low blocks by guys standing 6 ft 4 in. Sounds like PC had him as overrated as every one else did. Pass on him, and focus on other bigs. Getting him will not work out at our level of play.

Reaction Score

Not at all a comparison though Stair but a good point with Hilton. One went to a program with a NC a couple years prior and some really good players where he could sit a little, play a little for a couple years while getting stronger. The other went to a lesser program who needed some big man help and was capable of more minutes than he rec'd I would think. I mean I realize 2.8 and 2.4 isn't much but in less than 10 there may be something there to work with?

Reaction Score
add that Dunn decided to come back and their fans are annoying, this is gong to be so fun to watch regardless of where he ends up

Reaction Score
Saw him against Hillhouse 3 times and West Haven twice. He was not a big time player. About a 3 inch vertical. pushed around and out of his spot in the low blocks by guys standing 6 ft 4 in. Sounds like PC had him as overrated as every one else did. Pass on him, and focus on other bigs. Getting him will not work out at our level of play.
Sorry but you are wrong on this, kid has a lot of talent and would be a player in any conference.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not at all a comparison though Stair but a good point with Hilton. One went to a program with a NC a couple years prior and some really good players where he could sit a little, play a little for a couple years while getting stronger. The other went to a lesser program who needed some big man help and was capable of more minutes than he rec'd I would think. I mean I realize 2.8 and 2.4 isn't much but in less than 10 there may be something there to work with?

Not saying they're comparable, but PT one's freshman/sophomore year just isn't a good end-all be-all indicator of pro potential.

Reaction Score
He is 7'2. I really don't think his vertical matters at all. More concerned with how long his arms are. And I'm not surprised he got pushed around; he is two inches taller than Brimah but is 10 pounds lighter, the man is a twig. Can't teach height, well worth the scholarship.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
add that Dunn decided to come back and their fans are annoying, this is gong to be so fun to watch regardless of where he ends up

I was really hoping the PC faithful would be rewarded with a magical run to the round of 32. A once in a generational thing for them.

But the guys who come here to tell us they passed us as the top program in New England? They can pound sand.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Q- Hey Coach, Chukwu is going to be a big part of your team next year. Can you tell us what you think of his future with the Friars?

A- Actually, Paschal is really unhappy here due to the amount of pasty white rich kids in our student body. He's probably going to announce he's leaving soon to go to a blue blood program. You know, at the end of the day he doesn't think PC is the right place for him to make it to the NBA. It's going to be really tough for us to recover from this transfer and I have my doubts as to how good we can be next year. If I had to guess what our record will be next year, I will say 12-20. I don't think any fans should buy any tickets to see us next year because they will just be watching a bunch of midgets. They would be better server going to the circus because this season will likely be the biggest disaster since Wringling Brothers came to the dunk. I've tried my best to get us some help but every 5th year big we've gone after has given us the cold shoulder. Also things ain't so good with the wife at home.

Best post on their board

Reaction Score
My experiences with Pascal has proven that he has a tremendous work ethic and a very high ceiling. He would have proved a lot of people wrong if he had gotten the playing time last year.

He will develop into a serious player over the next four years, but it's all about picking the right program. He was in love with Providence and was wooed by Cooley's recruitment. I'm glad for the sake of his future that he was able to see that PC was not the best place for him after experiencing this past season.

A year to develop further and to learn from a coaching staff that knows how to develop players will do Pascal wonders-- this I'm sure of.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
It would probably be great of him to learn from the growth of Brimah, someone with a similar frame, as they both get stronger and pick up tips from Shonn Miller as well. Lots of benefits to staying home if you're Chukwu.

Reaction Score
Not saying they're comparable, but PT one's freshman/sophomore year just isn't a good end-all be-all indicator of pro potential.

Wrong wording as I agree with you. Just from what the expectations were of each. Although Chukwu was considered a project he was easily a D1 project while Hilton was lucky to get an offer from a UConn type program as I believe only LaSalle offered?

Anyway my bad, you had it right as far as too early to tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom