Paige's recovery: First step. Surgery seems to have went well | The Boneyard

Paige's recovery: First step. Surgery seems to have went well

Reaction Score
It's her birthday? Geez, that sucks.
no her birthday is in October, not sure what the post is referring to I assume that she had surgery on that same leg a year ago.

Reaction Score
She also needs to spend time strengthening certain muscles to help prevent future problems. She needs to take the time to do that rather than trying to get on the court as soon as possible. She has to reach a point where she is better than she was before her initial injury.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
She also needs to spend time strengthening certain muscles to help prevent future problems. For example, she needs to address the atrophy of her grammar muscle, so that “to have went well” rides the bench, while the new, improved Paige will have surgery that has gone well.

Reaction Score
I hope Paige recovers completely, as do I hope all of us UConn fans get through this painful event together.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Um, some one please give Paige a scolding Mama Mia :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
Here is the best "ACL Recovery Period" article I have come across:

Recovery Time For ACL Surgery: Timeline, Tips, and FAQ’s
Thank you for this.

It's wild to me how fast they're like, "let's get this rehab started."

I can't decide if it'll be harder or easier for us to see Paige seemingly "healthy," sitting on the bench or not? By the time we play our first game, by accounts of the article, she will be running and jumping.

Reaction Score
Thank you for this.

It's wild to me how fast they're like, "let's get this rehab started."

I can't decide if it'll be harder or easier for us to see Paige seemingly "healthy," sitting on the bench or not? By the time we play our first game, by accounts of the article, she will be running and jumping.
I'd like her stretching that knee, keep it flexible, light running, lots of walking, no jumping. Recovery is bad if too fast or too slowly accomplished. A nice middle ground following the Uconn doctors.

Reaction Score
Rehabbing from an injury like this is such a balancing act. It is vital to follow the directions of your doctors and PT staff. I have a friend who had knee surgery and wanted to get back to her old self as quickly as possible. She completed her daily PT program and decided she was feeling good so she "pushed just a little more." Unfortunately, that pushing just a little bit more resulted in inflammation of the healing tissue and set her recovery back several months.

Hopefully Paige has learned the lesson of following the plan and not over doing it. Takes real disciplline.

Reaction Score
Are you making a statement that Paige did not follow her rehab plan, overdid it and learned her lesson? If so, you know this how ? Have you spoken to her Dr.'s, rehab people, trainers, coaches or the fact that she was brought along correctly at the proper pace ,means nothing. Surely, an athlete set to earn millions will heed your advice.

Reaction Score
Are you making a statement that Paige did not follow her rehab plan, overdid it and learned her lesson? If so, you know this how ? Have you spoken to her Dr.'s, rehab people, trainers, coaches or the fact that she was brought along correctly at the proper pace ,means nothing. Surely, an athlete set to earn millions will heed your advice.
It’s funny, I read that same post and never even considered that there was some kind of claim that Paige had been reckless in her previous rehab. I simply thought that it was articulating the hope, a hope I believe we all share, that Paige will follow the advice of her medical and rehab team religiously and make a full recovery in the shortest time possible. I suppose one could make the argument that it was a little “awkwardly” worded but having committed that sin myself on numerous occasions, I think an immediate escalation to defcon 1 is a little unfair. Imo, of course!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom